• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Skin Care

TheWatcher

Reaction score
Has anyone had any positive results while using pumpkin seed oil ? I've heard that it has a glowing effect on the skin's appearance.

I've tried numerous essential oils with varying degrees of success.; Grapeseed (tightens facial skin; easy absorption) and Coconut
oil...(excellent moisturizer...particularly during winter months)

NathalieMartin

Reaction score
Has anyone had any positive results while using pumpkin seed oil ? I've heard that it has a glowing effect on the skin's appearance.

I've tried numerous essential oils with varying degrees of success.; Grapeseed (tightens facial skin; easy absorption) and Coconut
oil...(excellent moisturizer...particularly during winter months)

Never heard of Pumpkin oil in cleansers but it sounds gorgeous! My husband has used Kernel oil frequently before, which not only looks good but smells gorgeous! Hence the reason I buy him more ;) How did you get on with coconut oil? I'm curious because I was interested in its effects but was rather disappointed with its uses solely as a moisturiser. Another reliable essentail oil is grapeseed, which is effective for tightening the skin.

For anyone interested, I buy the male products from Temple Spa, which had just about every essential oil / spa product mix going;
http://www.templespa.com/

TheWatcher

Reaction score

Never heard of Pumpkin oil in cleansers but it sounds gorgeous! My husband has used Kernel oil frequently before, which not only looks good but smells gorgeous! Hence the reason I buy him more ;) How did you get on with coconut oil? I'm curious because I was interested in its effects but was rather disappointed with its uses solely as a moisturiser. Another reliable essentail oil is grapeseed, which is effective for tightening the skin.

For anyone interested, I buy the male products from Temple Spa, which had just about every essential oil / spa product mix going;
http://www.templespa.com/

I initially bough coconut oil because of the energizing effect that it has
on the body. My interest was to use it as a pre-workout boost. I then
heard of its skincare benefits. I haven't noticed any other benefits
apart from moisturizing effects. If you live in a harsh,dry winter climate:
it is almost essential. It's easy to apply and one application will last all day.
I also use natural Shea butter...difficult to applying but very soothing
and also a great moisturizer. Come the spring and into the fall...I will be
using Grapeseed oil once again...As I will not need to moisturize
as much.

From what I've read....Pumpkin seed oil gives the skin a glow;
a brightness.

agp

Reaction score
I'm now using Tom Ford's facial cleanser and Kyoku's moisturizer. I used to use that non-soap gentle thing from Costco. It never foamed and it was really slippery, which I liked for a while but now I hate it. I'm against using too many products.

Last edited:

RuffianGent

Reaction score
If using oils just for moisturizing and having a good antioxidating effect (excellent for premature aging) I suggest Agran Oil. Make sure it is cold pressed extracted (higher quality).

ani1319

Reaction score
After washing your face with warm water, finish off with a few splashes of cold water (fair-skinned people should use cool instead of cold) to shrink the pores and tighten the facial muscles

jacquelep

Reaction score
If youre going to use pumpkin oil be very gentle with the amount you apply. I just make my skin products at home and theyre basically better than most of the crap they sell.

shopper23

Reaction score
Here’s what I’m currently using:

- Shampoo - Malin & Goetz Peppermint Shampoo
- Conditioner - Kiehl’s Amino Acid Conditioner
- Soap - Kiehl’s Ultimate Man Body Scrub

Shave:
Facial Cleanser - Kiehl’s Facial Fuel
Pre-Shave Oil: Acqua di Parma Shaving Oil
Shaving Cream - Kiehl’s White Eagle
Astringement - Anthony Logistics Astringement Pads
Moisturizer - Jack Black SPF 20 or Kiehl’s Facial Fuel non SPF depending on time of day

Body:
Jack Black Cooling Lotion
Kiehls’ Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment
Jack Black Pit Boss Deodorant
Jack Black Sun Lotion

Have tried lots of products from many other brands. Was very underwhelmed by Art of Shaving. Aesop has some good products and some overrated ones. I have never tried La Mer or La Prairie.

FuseSkin

Reaction score
I use a natural face wash foam in the morning after that I apply a face serum and a Scalp Pigmentation Serum for my head. before going to sleep, I use the same procedure.

FreshSalmon

Reaction score
Just started retinol to keep me looking young in 10/20 years time. Otherwise been looking for a new vitamin c serum and moisturizer. Was previously using skinceuticals serums but the price is just too high for a bottle. Anyone have experience with cheaper vitamin c serums?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started retinol to keep me looking young in 10/20 years time. Otherwise been looking for a new vitamin c serum and moisturizer. Was previously using skinceuticals serums but the price is just too high for a bottle. Anyone have experience with cheaper vitamin c serums?
I've been ordering from "the ordinary" for quite awhile.
I like the products and the prices are very reasonable. They have a few vitamin c formulations.

FreshSalmon

Reaction score
I've been ordering from "the ordinary" for quite awhile.
I like the products and the prices are very reasonable. They have a few vitamin c formulations.
Good call - there are a few retail stores close to me where I can check out the products.

Just ordered this moisturizer to try out. Hearing good things:

TripleLipidPeptideCream_1024px.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads