• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mens Casual or Dress Pant with Boot Leg Cut - Is this Impossible to find?

LAFJ33

Reaction score
Hey Zenny, I understand, many people in my area don't like the boot cut leg much either and I don't think they are the "in" thing right now, but they work for me. I'm very tall and on the lean (thin) side, and if I wear the narrow legs, I look weird. Boot cut legs on jeans and pants seem to work for me at least for now. Thanks for the idea.
smile.gif

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good style for people who wish to allude to the 70s in the US the or 80s and 90s in China.

Obviously for many these associations are negative and tapered has been the thing for the last couple of years. For YSL it is a signature style that keeps returning:

ysl-fall2008-3.jpg

ysl-fall2008-1.jpg

Perhaps these would be categorized more as a wide-leg or flare than bootcut.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
I saw some really cool flat front boot cut wool dress/casual pants at the Ted Baker factory stores at the LV Outlets. I bet that would fit the bill. They were a little too fashionable for my day job, but I bet theyd fit your bill.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
Alot of people on this forum seem to dislike their pants, bootcut is not all that popular here.

you can have the bootcut taken out when you get them hemmed. i like the fit in the waist, but the bootcut is a bit much on some of them, so i've had it taken out. but the pants fit everywhere else perfectly

STYLE_ADDICT

Reaction score
I know that this will not be at all popular with the forum members but the entire "Producer Pant" line from Express Men's is exactly what you are looking for. The sizes go up to 36 x 34 and they have an all cotton pant, a solid wool, wool herringbone, chalkstripe wool, pinstripe wool, etc...

Go to www.expressfashion.com, select mens, and then pants/shorts. Choose "see more producer". Hope this helps.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to +1 the Bonobos. I just bought the red corduroy and they fit verry well are actually a bit to long (Normal size 34W/36L). I am especially happy with the fit around the behind area. The bootcut isn't to defined.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
is this bonobos **** for real?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
is this bonobos **** for real?
If by that you mean. Is it a pantsfactory/store: yes. If you mean, do they really fit better than other pants: I can't say, but the one pair I bought fit me verry well, and that isn't common in slightly dressy pants. GF complemented on the nether area. But I have to be honest, there was no longtime staring and licking of lips involved. And for the bootcuthaters, Get over it. Pants should fit the body. Not the other way around. Tapered pants are, I am sure, the
spam[1].gif
, if you are on the smaller side. Real men need some extra fabric.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
And for the bootcuthaters, Get over it. Pants should fit the body. Not the other way around. Tapered pants are, I am sure, the
spam[1].gif
, if you are on the smaller side. Real men need some extra fabric.

I'm so manly, I need to wear 2 pairs of pants, and the bootcut sure helps with the layers.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
I'm so manly, I need to wear 2 pairs of pants, and the bootcut sure helps with the layers.

Ah a stylish man!
tounge.gif

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my bonobos fit so well that i'm starting to think my other pants just look horrible. I know they feel ridiculously big ********** compared to my bonobos

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by valuehunter
looks like bonobos is starting to experiment with a straight leg dress pant, too http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/sl5000
Apparantly at that store they agree with me that straight or tapered pants are for smaller men. 'Note: For the moment, the SL5000s have a shorter inseam than our other styles.'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads