Mens Casual or Dress Pant with Boot Leg Cut - Is this Impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LAFJ33, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MJC8719x

MJC8719x Senior member

2. LAFJ33

LAFJ33 Member

Hey Zenny, I understand, many people in my area don't like the boot cut leg much either and I don't think they are the "in" thing right now, but they work for me. I'm very tall and on the lean (thin) side, and if I wear the narrow legs, I look weird. Boot cut legs on jeans and pants seem to work for me at least for now. Thanks for the idea. [​IMG]

3. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Senior member

It's a good style for people who wish to allude to the 70s in the US the or 80s and 90s in China.

Obviously for many these associations are negative and tapered has been the thing for the last couple of years. For YSL it is a signature style that keeps returning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perhaps these would be categorized more as a wide-leg or flare than bootcut.

4. jtoddaz

jtoddaz Senior member

I saw some really cool flat front boot cut wool dress/casual pants at the Ted Baker factory stores at the LV Outlets. I bet that would fit the bill. They were a little too fashionable for my day job, but I bet theyd fit your bill.

5. scb

scb Senior member

Alot of people on this forum seem to dislike their pants, bootcut is not all that popular here.

you can have the bootcut taken out when you get them hemmed. i like the fit in the waist, but the bootcut is a bit much on some of them, so i've had it taken out. but the pants fit everywhere else perfectly

6. STYLE_ADDICT

STYLE_ADDICT Well-Known Member

I know that this will not be at all popular with the forum members but the entire "Producer Pant" line from Express Men's is exactly what you are looking for. The sizes go up to 36 x 34 and they have an all cotton pant, a solid wool, wool herringbone, chalkstripe wool, pinstripe wool, etc...

Go to www.expressfashion.com, select mens, and then pants/shorts. Choose "see more producer". Hope this helps.

7. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

8. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Senior member

I am getting slightly tired of ubiquitous tapered/no break look.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

is this bonobos shit for real?

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

is this bonobos shit for real?
    If by that you mean. Is it a pantsfactory/store: yes. If you mean, do they really fit better than other pants: I can't say, but the one pair I bought fit me verry well, and that isn't common in slightly dressy pants. GF complemented on the nether area. But I have to be honest, there was no longtime staring and licking of lips involved. And for the bootcuthaters, Get over it. Pants should fit the body. Not the other way around. Tapered pants are, I am sure, the [​IMG] , if you are on the smaller side. Real men need some extra fabric.

11. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

And for the bootcuthaters, Get over it. Pants should fit the body. Not the other way around. Tapered pants are, I am sure, the [​IMG] , if you are on the smaller side. Real men need some extra fabric.

I'm so manly, I need to wear 2 pairs of pants, and the bootcut sure helps with the layers.

12. valuehunter

valuehunter New Member

13. scb

scb Senior member

my bonobos fit so well that i'm starting to think my other pants just look horrible. I know they feel ridiculously big in the ass compared to my bonobos

14. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

looks like bonobos is starting to experiment with a straight leg dress pant, too http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/sl5000
    Apparantly at that store they agree with me that straight or tapered pants are for smaller men. 'Note: For the moment, the SL5000s have a shorter inseam than our other styles.'