1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mens Casual or Dress Pant with Boot Leg Cut - Is this Impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LAFJ33, Nov 23, 2008.

1. STYLE_ADDICT

STYLE_ADDICT Well-Known Member

I know that this will not be at all popular with the forum members but the entire "Producer Pant" line from Express Men's is exactly what you are looking for. The sizes go up to 36 x 34 and they have an all cotton pant, a solid wool, wool herringbone, chalkstripe wool, pinstripe wool, etc...

Go to www.expressfashion.com, select mens, and then pants/shorts. Choose "see more producer". Hope this helps.

2. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I'd like to +1 the Bonobos. I just bought the red corduroy and they fit verry well are actually a bit to long (Normal size 34W/36L). I am especially happy with the fit around the behind area. The bootcut isn't to defined.

3. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Senior member

I am getting slightly tired of ubiquitous tapered/no break look.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

is this bonobos shit for real?

5. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

is this bonobos shit for real?
    If by that you mean. Is it a pantsfactory/store: yes. If you mean, do they really fit better than other pants: I can't say, but the one pair I bought fit me verry well, and that isn't common in slightly dressy pants. GF complemented on the nether area. But I have to be honest, there was no longtime staring and licking of lips involved. And for the bootcuthaters, Get over it. Pants should fit the body. Not the other way around. Tapered pants are, I am sure, the [​IMG] , if you are on the smaller side. Real men need some extra fabric.

6. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

And for the bootcuthaters, Get over it. Pants should fit the body. Not the other way around. Tapered pants are, I am sure, the [​IMG] , if you are on the smaller side. Real men need some extra fabric.

I'm so manly, I need to wear 2 pairs of pants, and the bootcut sure helps with the layers.

7. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I'm so manly, I need to wear 2 pairs of pants, and the bootcut sure helps with the layers.

Ah a stylish man![​IMG]

8. valuehunter

valuehunter New Member

9. scb

scb Senior member

my bonobos fit so well that i'm starting to think my other pants just look horrible. I know they feel ridiculously big in the ass compared to my bonobos

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

looks like bonobos is starting to experiment with a straight leg dress pant, too http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/sl5000
    Apparantly at that store they agree with me that straight or tapered pants are for smaller men. 'Note: For the moment, the SL5000s have a shorter inseam than our other styles.'

11. scb

scb Senior member

their last few new releases have all been the shorter inseams...i think it was a mistake in the manufacturing process..not anything specific to straight leg

12. bcx

bcx Senior member

Anyone have measurements of the leg opening on these Bonobos pants?

13. shasta

shasta Senior member

Anyone have measurements of the leg opening on these Bonobos pants?

First post! Thanks for all the great help over the last year SF!

I'm hooked on bonobos - I have approximately 8 pairs that I've accumulated over the past year or so. The bootlegs are approx 9 3/4" at the opening, but when you hem them you lose some of the flair.

Can definitely vouch for the quality and great stying - really hope these guys succceed!

14. lpresq

lpresq Senior member

Anyone have any experience with sizing on the Bonobo Khakis? Should I order my jean size or traditional trouser size? For ex., I wear 33-34 in Diesel jeans, but there is no chance that I can get my a*& into a pair of 34 Borrelli trousers.

15. shasta

shasta Senior member

Anyone have any experience with sizing on the Bonobo Khakis? Should I order my jean size or traditional trouser size? For ex., I wear 33-34 in Diesel jeans, but there is no chance that I can get my a*& into a pair of 34 Borrelli trousers.

The Khakis are cut a bit slimmer then the rest of their lines. I'd imagine you'd probably be one size up, but you can either 2 pairs (order one of theme a size up) and send the one you don't like back!

16. leadstylist

leadstylist Member

I'm with you... I'm so over this slim/tapered nonsense. I'm a 34 but I have a healthy rear and I look like one giant butt in slim pants. Ugg, I'm so ready for this trend to end. I'd almost be cool with the "rave" style pipe pants coming back.. Almost. Why can't a guy find a decent pair of boot cut dress pants? FML

17. leadstylist

leadstylist Member

18. leadstylist

leadstylist Member

These are BEYOND Fantastic!!!! Want want want...