• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my wish list!!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
It’s October and still no word from Meermin about my shell cordovan service boots. Hopefully I’ll hear something soon.
It’s bizarre..

Never known a company post some MTO boots weeks apart. I was going to order the Norwegian split toe but their customer service team basically lied and said none had been sent so didn’t trust them...

See what this week brings...??

shotsmcgee

Reaction score
It’s bizarre..

Never known a company post some MTO boots weeks apart. I was going to order the Norwegian split toe but their customer service team basically lied and said none had been sent so didn’t trust them...

See what this week brings...??
Spoke with the Meermin chat, they said they're expecting them to ship it this week!

Owerade

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if I missed it in this enormous thread but I'm hoping to get some sizing help.

I currently wear the following:

Allen Edmonds 65: 9.5D US - Fits well.
Allen Edmonds 511: 9.5D US - Fits very well.
Carmina Rain: 8.5 UK - Too big. I bought it online and couldn't return it. I was able to make it work by using a tongue pad but there's still some heel slip.
Adidas Ultraboost - 9.5 US - Fits very well.
Red Wing 8 - 9 US - Fits well. I also have a pair in 9.5 that’s slightly loose.

I would assume that I’m a 8.5 UK for Meermin but my experience with the Carmina is what’s throwing me off. Can anyone please help suggest which size(s) would probably be appropriate for me? I’m considering Meermin shoes in the following lasts: HIRO, RUI, ELTON and RON. Thanks!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if I missed it in this enormous thread but I'm hoping to get some sizing help.

I currently wear the following:

Allen Edmonds 65: 9.5D US - Fits well.
Allen Edmonds 511: 9.5D US - Fits very well.
Carmina Rain: 8.5 UK - Too big. I bought it online and couldn't return it. I was able to make it work by using a tongue pad but there's still some heel slip.
Adidas Ultraboost - 9.5 US - Fits very well.
Red Wing 8 - 9 US - Fits well. I also have a pair in 9.5 that’s slightly loose.

I would assume that I’m a 8.5 UK for Meermin but my experience with the Carmina is what’s throwing me off. Can anyone please help suggest which size(s) would probably be appropriate for me? I’m considering Meermin shoes in the following lasts: HIRO, RUI, ELTON and RON. Thanks!

Does the Carmina you bought are EE? I have Carmina Rain in 9.5 UK and I tried Hiro in 10 UK, it has way too much room. I need 9.5UK. In Rui I have 9.5 UK and I use a thin insole, length is good but too much volume for me. I have a very low foot volume.

Owerade

Reaction score
Does the Carmina you bought are EE? I have Carmina Rain in 9.5 UK and I tried Hiro in 10 UK, it has way too much room. I need 9.5UK. In Rui I have 9.5 UK and I use a thin insole, length is good but too much volume for me. I have a very low foot volume.

Thanks for the response! That's a good question but unfortunately I don't have an answer. When I purchased it from an online retailer, there were no width options. I also just checked the invoice, box and shoes and I didn't see anything about the width. Am I missing something?

If I had to guess, I'd say I'm an 8.5 UK in the HIRO last but it's very possible that I'm an 8 UK. I bought a random pair of loafers a while back while I was in Europe and they were a size 42 EU which is an 8 UK (though I do wear them without socks).

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E304DBFD-D70D-4AFD-ABB1-0053F0E53A5F.jpeg

My first Meermin purchase. Suede cap toe on the Hiro last. I usually wear a 10.5 D in most brands. I went with the 9.5. The people at the NY store were very helpful and patient. I heard about the long break in time so I wore them around the house for two weeks. Tomorrow is the first official outing. Wish them luck.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! That's a good question but unfortunately I don't have an answer. When I purchased it from an online retailer, there were no width options. I also just checked the invoice, box and shoes and I didn't see anything about the width. Am I missing something?

If I had to guess, I'd say I'm an 8.5 UK in the HIRO last but it's very possible that I'm an 8 UK. I bought a random pair of loafers a while back while I was in Europe and they were a size 42 EU which is an 8 UK (though I do wear them without socks).
Maybe this page can help you: https://www.meermin.es/in_en/size-searcher

It has the measurements of the lasts, for what foot length, width and girth they are considered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads