• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Tatters

Reaction score
On hindsight I don't think it's a misspelling. It's definitely rounder and shorter than RON. Available as group MTO right now, even more important to get some answers about the fit as returns will be impossible. I have sent an email to Meermin to ask for comparison with the lasts I know.

Example: https://www.meermin.es/en/11440911150000se-15-114409-tan-antique-calf-e-cuero.html
Does anyone have any experience with the nod last? Apparently it's a new loafers last. Maybe it's a misspelling of Ron? ☺

What kind of loafer, with a tassel or a penny? I think it is a misspelling.

Styzoom

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me whether U.S. customers have to pay duties/import fees for their orders?

I only know the other way around, from the US to Holland (EU): Free under 22 euro (including shipping cost), 21% sales tax between 50-150 euro, sales tax + import tax anything above 150 euro. They don't check any parcel, so sometimes you can get lucky, but overall it is a costly way of shopping.
I don't know how it works the other way around (buying in the EU and shipping to the US).

harlequin782

Reaction score
I checked an import duty calculator and no costs showed up. https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
I find it strange that buying in an online US store is costing Europeans extra tax and Americans pay no taxes when they buy here. Is that where the gargantuan trade deficit is coming from? :eek:
I did not.
I only know the other way around, from the US to Holland (EU): Free under 22 euro (including shipping cost), 21% sales tax between 50-150 euro, sales tax + import tax anything above 150 euro. They don't check any parcel, so sometimes you can get lucky, but overall it is a costly way of shopping.
I don't know how it works the other way around (buying in the EU and shipping to the US).

This is the green light I needed to make my first meermin purchase. Thank you guys very much.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me whether U.S. customers have to pay duties/import fees for their orders?

US customer do pay customs duties, however if memory serves me correctly I believe the product has to reach the $800 dollar mark before duties are assessed.

sicigpat

Reaction score
hi all,
I was in NYC the other day and got a chance to visit the Meermin store.
I wanted to verify sizing on different lasts and the SA Taj was very helpful.I ended up buying a wallet in gold museum calf. I highly recommend a visit to the the store if your downtown. As a side note , I spent the day walking around NYC in my newish Meermin Japanese Shell Longwings. They were bit stiff and a bit on the warm side but beautiful shoes non the less. Regards. Patrick

Sehn82

Reaction score
Any idea why Meermin EU sizing is a little off? I'm usually a UK6.5/US7.5/EU39 and their size chart seems pretty OK with the exception of EU. An EU39 corresponds to a UK5? Doesn't look right to me.

Looking to make my first foray into meermin after a long while out. I'm guessing I should be either UK6 or 6.5? For reference I'm US7.5 on Cole haan (penny loafer) and 6.5G on RM Williams (classic macquarie). Really interested in their monkstrap (hiro) and tassel loafer (Ron) options.

Anyone care for some sizing advice?

markjdm

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some input on Meermin sizing on those who have a few in their collection. I currently just purchased a 10UK Oxford in the OLFE last. This was pretty snug to begin with so had to stretch it just a little, now the fit is good apart from the toe section where my 2 small toes are tight due to the narrow toe section of the OLFE last. I can pretty much live with it but prefer to get a better fitting shoe next time around.

Does the HIRO last have a wider toe section? I was possibly also thinking of just getting the HIRO-G and just drop half a size down? Any input would be appreciated.

Mytinyboat

Reaction score
Hello,

The measurements for feet are 9.5 and 3.75 inches. I am interested in the
Dark Brown Calf Boots - E (101487) on Meermin site. What size should I choose for these boots? I wear size 7.5 on my Red Wing Foreman Chukka. Thank you

Amba

Reaction score
How is the sizing on the belts compared to US inches?

Is their size chart accurate?

And how is the quality?
Hi, i received my belt a few days ago. I have to say that the quality was good for its price, leather felt nice, stitching was straight and the color were deep and rich. The time will tell how it will hold up but it feels like it will handle everyday wear.
Good luck!

markjdm

Reaction score
Hello,

The measurements for feet are 9.5 and 3.75 inches. I am interested in the
Dark Brown Calf Boots - E (101487) on Meermin site. What size should I choose for these boots? I wear size 7.5 on my Red Wing Foreman Chukka. Thank you

This might be useful, measurements are the insole. The image was courtesy of a SF member in previous posts.

Meermin.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads