• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's the lovely young lady next to Pepe at the Meermin booth?
satisfied.gif

His girlfriend.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help on the newer Elton last. I'm typically a 9E in the Allen Edmonds 108 and 222 lasts (I don't any of the more common 5 last). It seems like a bit of a tapered style, kind of like the AE 108 last. I was considering going a "size up" and getting the UK8.5 (~US 9.5) but don't want to end up with long pointy shoes.

Any suggestions?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are people's sizing experience on the chelsea boots?

I wear a size UK 8 in Hiro last and initially the fit was quite snug. Eventually it broke in very nicely but the instep is a little high.

Curious whether I should size down to UK 7.5 since boots tend to be more generous fitting.

The dark brown and black chelsea boot GMTO is back.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks

And FWIW I take the same size in both Meermin Hiro (UK 8) and Carmina Rain (UK 8). I actually prefer the fit of the Meermin more. Carmina is known for heel slip. I am strictly speaking about oxford shoes.

Boots seem to alleviate some of the heel problem due to a higher shaft that holds your foot in place. Better than laces perhaps.

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post here. I must to admit that I have not read a single post of this thread, but Meermins LM has been always in my head for a long time so I have visited the shop several times for the past 2 years.

The fit of Hiro, Rui and other last were not good. Fortunately, today I was lucky to discover the Olfe last on a model that I like very much and in plum museum calf.

Stiffeners are very rigid, but the rest seems really good.

I am quite happy today
smile.gif

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just recently received a pair of meermin captoes. I wore them all day to a wedding and developed some blisters on the insides of my heels, the shoes otherwise felt very comfortable and I had no problems initially wearing them around my house. Is this a situation where they need to be broken in? And how many wears does this usually take? Ive never experienced this with Allen Edmonds shoes, fwiw.

oxfordsandties

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just recently received a pair of meermin captoes. I wore them all day to a wedding and developed some blisters on the insides of my heels, the shoes otherwise felt very comfortable and I had no problems initially wearing them around my house. Is this a situation where they need to be broken in? And how many wears does this usually take? Ive never experienced this with Allen Edmonds shoes, fwiw.
In my experience Meermin takes a bit longer than AE. Although, I have never had blisters from extended periods of wear. Is the shoe too tight?

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question.

Apparently the Black chelsea boots are back up for MTO ordering. I'm interested in getting them, but how do I determine the proper sizing? My feet are a little wider, and I don't want to get shoes that are too tight and have to deal with the hassle of returning.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Meermin has great aesthetics but one of its drawback is definitely comfort - it doesn't matter whether it's the Classic line or the LM line.

The insoles will hardly be indented with your footprint. The leather also takes a while before it breaks in.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

Meermin has great aesthetics but one of its drawback is definitely comfort - it doesn't matter whether it's the Classic line or the LM line. 

The insoles will hardly be indented with your footprint. The leather also takes a while before it breaks in. 

So is it normal to get blisters on the inside of your heels? Has anyone else experienced this?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Stiffeners are harder than a rock. With these kind of shoes, fit is a double must!!

flvinny521

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered in the 13k+ posts, but I'm looking for sizing information. I fit a 9E in Allen Edmonds Park Aves. I am looking for a cap toe balmoral oxford. Does Meermin have anything that will fit me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads