1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Terrorsquad, any update on the lasted trees?

2. timotune

timotune Senior member

btw: I did order standard-trees with my MTOs, but they were not delivered with the shoes...

3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I wondered about that! Aren't LM/MTO shoes supposed to come with trees as standard?

Edit: "All MTO orders come with a pair of non lasted wooden shoe trees" from the MTO charge sheet

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  4. timotune

timotune Senior member

not sure if they come by default, but I explicitly paid for them. They also are stated on the order confirmation / bill.

5. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

My gut is that they'll dispatch one when it's ready. I seem to recall TS (or was it another poster) writing somewhere that Meermin said they'd send the lasted shoetrees separately when they're ready, and at their expense.

6. timotune

timotune Senior member

I read that, too. But I ordered the Hiro-last, for which only the Standard-trees are available. I will drop Pepe an email, I guess...

7. bboysdontcryy

They might have gotten mixed-up. Yes, perhaps you should check with Pepe (or TS for a swifter response).

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I don't know if the MTO sheet I have is the most up to date version but it clearly states they come as standard. (Clause 13)

9. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

I would like to know too. Good idea to ask Pepe again, at least he will answer a direct question rather than ramble on irrelevant stuff.

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Whaaaaaaaat!? I thought my post was quite relevant!? :D

11. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

General question to all museum calf members who didn't order lasted trees: Did you receive regular trees and if not, did you expect to?

12. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Of course your post is relevant, as it pertains to Meermin, not Vass, AS, Carmina blah blah blah.:D

13. MoldyBiscuit

MoldyBiscuit Active Member

I'm listening...

New question:- do LM orders come with non lasted trees then?

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys this museum calf order we just did comes with lasted shoe trees only for Olfe last. It looks like the manufacturer was late producing these trees. It was not Meermin fault.
    As far as I know only Meermin MTO orders come with non lasted shoe trees.
    Standard RTW Linea Mastro models do not come with shoe trees.

15. bboysdontcryy

My LM MTO did -- but that being said, I ordered a long time ago, so there might have been a change in policy.

Still pretty good price though, since Girling/Carmina/Lobb MTOs don't come with shoetrees and those trees cost a bomb.

Would have thought that the museum calf run would have been counted as an LM MTO as opposed to an LM RTW.

16. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Sorry no, my mistake there. It's MTO orders they should come with based on august 2012 MTO sheet.
    I should have remembered that I had to order my LM trees separately!

17. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Hi guys, will respond in a moment.Had a busy day :)

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

MTO shoes come with basic shoe trees, the Museum MTO came with lasted trees, in the Olfe Last, if you paid for them. Otherwise, they should come with standard trees.

As for Chukka, Arran is cool.

19. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Ok. here goes.

I will be talking to Pepe either today or tomorrow (waiting for him to reply) but since there will be a re-run of the dark brown museum calf, I was thinking might as well we proceed for orders for the plum museum calf as Meermin can put in both orders at the same time with Ilcea. That would be easier and faster for them rather then put in 2 separate orders for the leather.

Also, as Pepe will have to make sample shoes using the hatchgrain leather as he needs to know how to work the leather (this is the first time they will be using hatchgrain), this may take some time. So i think we might as well proceed with the plum museum first as Meermin are already familiar with that kind of leather.

With regards to the different designs using the same leather, yes it is possible. But bear in mind that for each new design using special leather such as the museum calf, they will have to do a sample shoe for it first to ensure that the design is what the customer wants. So imagine if we have 4 different designs for the plum museum; it will be quite a big headache for the organizer and Meermin to sort the orders out and also make sample shoes. Also the fact that there could be a possible mix up on the orders which will be disastrous.

My recommendation is just to have either 1-2 designs maximum for the plum museum calf; maybe adelaide and single monk?

With regards to the shoe trees, lasted shoe trees for the last museum calf MTO is only available for the Olfe last. As mentioned in one of my posts, the lasted shoe trees will be sent separately as there is a delay on the part of the manufacturer.

For those who have ordered normal shoe trees, if you did not receive them do PM me and I will sort it out with Pepe. Do let me know within the next 2 weeks (which I believe by then everyone will have received their shoes).

Also, for the museum calf MTO, it does not come with shoe trees by default as the price I quoted is only for the shoes. Bear in mind that the leather used is specially ordered leather and not just normal leather so the price you paid is just for the shoes made using the special leather. I think this was explained in my email I sent to the participants.

2 people like this.
  20. burghler

burghler Senior member

I don't know how fast this is going to proceed, but I can render the different options we are looking into in plum museum this weekend (there's really no point in doing the same for hatchgrain as I think the models are pretty well set). I've seen single monk (Vale), adelaide, and austerity brogue proposed, so I'll start with those three and maybe add a couple to the list.