Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

Hey fellas, here are my size 7 UK single monks on the Ama. They have steel toe taps added on, and were literally worn for 15 minutes. You can now get them for a steal! Asking $150 with free shipping in the continental US, and they will come with bag and original box. Basically it is as if you are getting them from meermin with free shipping and with a slight scuff on the soles. I also added in an additional hole on the strap to get them a little tighter, which looks as if it was done professionally. See the pics, and PM me for any additional details or to make me an offer![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. meister

meister Senior member

Very nice a bit of the Russian calf thing going.

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah cuero, wasn't sure how it would turn out since it's been a wide range. It's a bit redder than I wanted but maybe it's less red in person. Hoping it fits the same as the calf version vs. a little looser like Alden would

4. stylelistic

stylelistic Member

Hi all,

Seeking advice again. I've ordered a Equus leather belt in Australian nut. I am thinking that the Burgundy looks closer to the brown than Australian nut. Anyone with the belt and the shoes in those colors able to provide some comment? (i.e. which is closer to the Meermin dark brown, the Australina nut or Burgundy.

5. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

bam!

[​IMG]

Not happy after only 4 outings.
    Email sent to Sandro, let's see how they do.

6. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

Poorman and Dima- I emailed sandro to enquire about MTO shoes and on the off chance that they had some subs in stock in my size to get an idea of their fit, as this would be the cheapest way of gauging comfort, quality, sizing etc. She said she would ask the factory whether they were able to sell the seconds, so I can't imagine they get many requests for this and I think they don't really know how to price them. Firstly they emailed me photos of 5 shoes in a UK8 saying there would be a 25% discount and noted the defects, they were all minor, like dark patches of leather or slightly scuffed suede.

I replied saying I was expecting a slightly larger discount, in line with when I've visited the Northampton factory stores, she then replied with that pair of double monks at 30% discount, and they had a dark patch very close to the sole, it was very small and would become unnoticeable after a few polishes.

Overall I was very happy with their customer service, always responded very promptly and helpful. On the pricing, I think I could push for a slightly better discount for them, but I've got to weigh up whether I need another pair of double monks even at that price!

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Got an update from Sandro that my shell PTBs are going to be a while longer at the factory, due to a delay in their receiving shells from the tannery. He didn't say specifically how much longer it would be. :confused:

8. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Interesting sole treatment, but that scuffing is pretty bad.

the splitting soles is another issue.

9. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

Just one little thing, Keal19: I'm pretty sure that Sandro is a man and not a woman. [​IMG]

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Your MTO's look nice. I like the colour.

As for the scuff, if it was calf that'd be pretty bad. That same scuff on #8 comes out quite easily. Shell is a different animal. It should be able to be brushed out easily, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

11. amathew

amathew Senior member

Wore my Meermin shoes for the second time today and noticed the following. Should I be concerned or pursue an exchange:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: There's some leather coating on the shoes and it rubs off easily. When I was shooting these pics, I had my shoes on my chinos and it left some small leather marks. Hope I can just wash it out, but does not look good. In one day, I've managed to lose two sweaters, one pair of chinos, and my shoe may be falling apart...what a day!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

That's normal. I've had it happen on a number of shoes, from Edward Green to Crockett and Jones Handgrade, and it's never been a problem. After a while, the stitching underneath will be exposed, as you might see on a brand new pair of Allen Edmonds. It's just what happens with channeled soles. You're scraping leather all day over concrete, day in day out, after all.

13. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I can't see splitting soles? It looks like they were sanded and finished a bit unevenly at the front, but they don't seem to bee splitting.

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah I've heard a few people mistake Sandro for a woman, not sure why. General rule with romance languages is ending in O is masculine and A is feminine, i.e Sandra would be the woman's version.

15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

If I squeeze the welt and sole together and the gap disapeers does that sound like a slit?
    If I pull the welt and sole apart and the gap gets wider does that sound like a split?

Look at my picture again.