• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shotsmcgee

Reaction score
Gentlemen...

In the interests of full disclosure I got a tracking code sent late last night to my phone...

I didn’t know what it was for as it didn’t say from whom the package originated. I get lots of parcels...

I was off work today so was home anyway..

It’s only the bloody boots!! I was told yesterday morning they’d be sent next week due to a production delay..

First Meermin purchase. Agree with above sentiments that customer service isn’t up to scratch but upon initial impressions the boots are. The cordovan colour is a rich egg plant and the quality of fit and finish is top notch. It states Linea Maestro on the inner sock so I suspect these are made to higher standards.

I am wearing with a medium thick wool sock and I think they are true to size, I’d not like to size down as I wear these type of socks over dress socks. These boots would easily be suitable for a far more formal attire, extremely sleek.

I’ve been critical of customer service and weirdly I never received a dispatch email but for the price paid and materials of this boot for me the wait was worth it.
Looking good! Still waiting on mine :(

seanpatrickb

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace a string for the polo suede loafers? Would love a source on something that works well with these. Meermin said to take them to my cobbler, like they have suede lace in every shade.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but can someone assist with sizing?

I wear 10.5EE in Allen Edmonds Park Avenue
I have a pair of Meermin double monks on the Hiro last in size 10 UK G (wide). They fit decently, maybe a tiiiny too large.
Should I go for 10E UK in Rui last for the captoe boots?

Mallaig

Reaction score
Gentlemen...

In the interests of full disclosure I got a tracking code sent late last night to my phone...

I didn’t know what it was for as it didn’t say from whom the package originated. I get lots of parcels...

I was off work today so was home anyway..

It’s only the bloody boots!! I was told yesterday morning they’d be sent next week due to a production delay..

First Meermin purchase. Agree with above sentiments that customer service isn’t up to scratch but upon initial impressions the boots are. The cordovan colour is a rich egg plant and the quality of fit and finish is top notch. It states Linea Maestro on the inner sock so I suspect these are made to higher standards.

I am wearing with a medium thick wool sock and I think they are true to size, I’d not like to size down as I wear these type of socks over dress socks. These boots would easily be suitable for a far more formal attire, extremely sleek.

I’ve been critical of customer service and weirdly I never received a dispatch email but for the price paid and materials of this boot for me the wait was worth it.
Are these the Cherry Shell Cordovan ?

GumbyFan

Reaction score
Just received an email saying that the shell service boots are now expected to be ready at the end of the month.

Not sure how those first few pairs made it out...but I am patiently excited for them to get here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just received an email saying that the shell service boots are now expected to be ready at the end of the month.

Not sure how those first few pairs made it out...but I am patiently excited for them to get here.
Wonder if they’ve took too many orders?

They said they’d had production issues.

As far as I can tell mine are perfect.

I voiced this concern on ‘Shreddit’ and was shot down. Seems weird sending at different times.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Great. Thanks. How would you compare fit to say Trickers 4497 ?
I’d say very similar.

The new HOK last seemed to fit me the same as the 4497 so I’d stay true to size. I’m wearing the cordovan for date night tomorrow with the unfortunate Mrs Crafty and young Master Crafty tagged along..wore them briefly on day of purchase and was very impressed with the comfort of the boot generally but the cordovan seemed more flexible than Trickers offerings which I fear I’ll never see broken in!

Mallaig

Reaction score
I’d say very similar.

The new HOK last seemed to fit me the same as the 4497 so I’d stay true to size. I’m wearing the cordovan for date night tomorrow with the unfortunate Mrs Crafty and young Master Crafty tagged along..wore them briefly on day of purchase and was very impressed with the comfort of the boot generally but the cordovan seemed more flexible than Trickers offerings which I fear I’ll never see broken in!
Any chance of a photo that compares the profiles? Appreciate your help with this. I’m looking at getting a shell boot (or two, or three) from Enzo Bonafe. Would be nice to have something a little different; with the added bonus of being a lot cheaper.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Any chance of a photo that compares the profiles? Appreciate your help with this. I’m looking at getting a shell boot (or two, or three) from Enzo Bonafe. Would be nice to have something a little different; with the added bonus of being a lot cheaper.
Pleasantly surprised with the Meermin, wasn’t sure what to expect.

Will try and get a pic. Trickers look a lot chunkier and the Meermin very sleek.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Stow and HOK last.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Skelnik

Reaction score

Yes, I received an email as well. It stated delays due to the reception of the leather and they expect to ship them out at the end of October.

I am so glad they sent me an email explaining there was a delay. Yes, I'd rather have the boots already, but at least they are letting me know what is going on. Very happy about that. Much better customer service.

I hope they end up looking as nice as the other ones I've seen photos of and not a different shade of shell or from a different tannery. I really want the dark color 8 shade of burgundy shell from Shinki and hope I don't get the burgundy Italian shell for instance. Time will tell. I'm okay with a delay as long as the quality is high.

I'll post photos when I receive the boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads