• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maxwell's Clothiers - Canada

lawguy50

Reaction score
Has anyone in Canada had a suit made from these guys? I am thinking of getting one made but was wondering about the quality.

I realize that I am not going to get a top notch MTM suit for $500 but I was wondering if it is still a good value.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to get shirts made by Maxwell's a long time ago. I have seen their suits and personally would not buy one but ymmv. If you are very hard to fit OTR and want something inexpensive, perhaps it's a good option for you. I would rather pay more for discounted RTW suits with better fabrics and construction.

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawguy50
Has anyone in Canada had a suit made from these guys? I am thinking of getting one made but was wondering about the quality.

I realize that I am not going to get a top notch MTM suit for $500 but I was wondering if it is still a good value.

What brands of suits do ou currently wear and where to you live? There may be other options locally...

economist

Reaction score
Hello,

So now that I'm a working stiff, I need to upgrade my wardrobe.

Right now I wear alot of Zara, just because off the rack the shirts fit me well, plenty of styles to choose from, and the price is right.

At about the same price point though, should I be trying out Maxwell's? (They're downtown T.O. this coming week).

I'm quite happy with the fit of the Zara shirts, but am I missing out?

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by principal
anyone else know about their mtm shirts?

They're pretty cheap, like $45 or $50 a pop? Fabrics are hit or miss, some feel great while others feel like cardboard. Fit is....not that great, sort of baggy.

djtracer21

Reaction score
i took the plunge yesterday by purchasing 3 MTM shirts

Came out to a total of $150 ($ 135 + $15 shipping). Unfortunately, I will still have to pay a total of $36 for duties.

Similar to what one of the posters had said, fabrics are hit and miss. Some seem decent and some are definitely garbage, although there were some italian fabrics available for a higher price (~70/shirt).

I am quite nervous now that my shirts will come out baggy since I actually wore a slim fit shirt (Esprit) and stressed that I want the same fit for the MTM shirts. Hopefully they'll come out great so I can just send one of the shirts to jantzen for them to copy.

I would be interested to read what other people's experiences are with Maxwell's shirts.

sl33p3rs

Reaction score
I have a suit from this guys and for the price your paying it should be worthy.
358aee4cc897452c00244351e4d91f69.jpg

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I tried a few of their shirts years ago and found them cheap and cardboardy. I get shirts from Mytailor now. See my post in this thread.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a suit from them once, it was a total train-wreck that I tried on once and threw away. I'll never deal with them again. I know another guy who deals with them, although their fabrics aren't very good, he's satisfied with them given the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads