• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Maurice Lacroix - Good Quality Brand?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. It's a good brand, but I prefer the Maurice Lacroix Roger Federer model. I don't know if this style watch comes in both a Federer and non-Federer version, but they look quite similar - compare with this one: http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Searc...SE=FRG&CS=&KW= But apparently, Federer is no longer collaborating with ML. I'm not suggesting anything about the authenticity about the E-bay watch, but knowing there is a Federer model out there that looks the same, would give me pause about this watch. But I'm by no means an expert. I was about to buy the Federer version when I was in Austria (about 795 euros) (before opting for my ORIS), but the deal breaker was the fact it doesn't display the date. My watch must have the date. I always forget the date, and my first reaction is to glance at my watch. And for $1000, is it too much to ask for a date function? But from what I've read, ML is considered pretty good, although you might have other options at that price range.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maurice Lacroix watches repeatedly turn up on several of the TV auction channels here in the UK, often going for mere fractions of the retail price. I must admit, I assumed it was a low quality brand as a result! I will keep a bit more of an eye out.

Don Goldstein

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Maurice Lacroix watches repeatedly turn up on several of the TV auction channels here in the UK, often going for mere fractions of the retail price. I must admit, I assumed it was a low quality brand as a result! I will keep a bit more of an eye out.

Wow - thanks for letting me know. That certainly isn't good news.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ML is actually considered one of the better value brands in the Swiss market. They exclusively use ETA ebauches; the particular piece featured in the auction houses a Unitas houndwound with simple geneva striping. The price seems a bit high, but the watch is definitely legit. ML will probably move upmarket in the next few years since they recently built a factory and there are rumors that they are developing a few in-house, manufacturer movements.

Maurice

Reaction score
Maurice Lacroix try quite hard to discourage the sale of their watches on the internet - most likely to protect the prices at their retail stockists of course. Despite the lower end price range, they are as good as they say they are - the one I'm wearing has been running well for a good year now

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40