• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marijuana, do you partake?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
"Comparison of the perceived harm for various psychoactive drugs from a poll among medical psychiatrists specialized in addiction treatment":
380pxrationalscaletoass.png

- Nutt, D.; King, L. A.; Saulsbury, W.; Blakemore, C. (2007). "Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse". The Lancet 369 (9566): 1047. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60464-4. PMID 17382831.

I don't smoke weed any more, I did at Uni but I never really enjoyed it as much as some of my friends did, but anyone who talks about the 'dangers' of marijuana while themselves drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes is a hypocrite, plain and simple.

this figure is not in the paper you cited.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Unfortunately we can't view the full text online without paying for a subscription, but considering it was published in The Lancet, I'm pretty sure the original paper will explain all these things; medical journals don't tend to just publish the result of a study without including the methodology that was used...

I'm sure, but the graph is meaningless without these explanations.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
this figure is not in the paper you cited.
The figure is drawn using data from the paper. If you like you can read this PDF, written by David Nutt, one of the authors of the paper I cited, which contains on page 10 a bar chart which illustrates the data in a similar way. This PDF also contains a bit more of the methodology used, though it does not seem to go into much detail.

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Don't know if this is the place to put this but has anyone tried methylone?

My roomate last year took it at least 5 times a week last year. With that said, I haven't

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky to live in an area where local police don't really care about that kind of stuff, which probably makes me a little too careless and relaxed. That being sad, it's really sad to see families getting torn apart over something so minor...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for the smokers out there - does anyone have a recommendation for a good vaporizer? No bells and whistles. Just a safe, efficient way to "smoke" small quantities. To reiterate - not looking for something fancy. The only reason I want a vaporizer is to reduce lung harm. Thanks.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Question for the smokers out there - does anyone have a recommendation for a good vaporizer? No bells and whistles. Just a safe, efficient way to "smoke" small quantities. To reiterate - not looking for something fancy. The only reason I want a vaporizer is to reduce lung harm. Thanks.

I know you don't want fancy, so you probably don't want to drop the dough on a volcano, but it is truly the best on the market, in terms of being safe, efficient, getting the most out of the weed, etc.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I know you don't want fancy, so you probably don't want to drop the dough on a volcano, but it is truly the best on the market, in terms of being safe, efficient, getting the most out of the weed, etc.

+1

Imo either get a Volcano or don't vaporize weed. Pretty much everything else is a waste of money and herb.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone give a reason as to why "everything but a Volcano" is a waste? I don't really see the logic. It either makes the process smoke-free and uses marijuana more efficiently than burning, or it doesn't. If it does that, then the vapo did the job in my book. I am not a smoker and I do not care about things like adjusting fume consistency or anything other than simply being high at the end of it.

Lizen

Reaction score
Go for the magic flight launch box. It is simple, efficient, and just a great tool to use wherever you go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads