1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Marguerite Duras - Newly published "Cahiers de la guerre et autres textes"

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Fabienne, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Distinguished Member

4 "cahiers" written by Marguerite Duras between 1943 and 1949 were recently published. I just read a few pages on the publisher's site, and even though these are journals, I could discern the birth of "The lover". I can't wait to get a copy.

http://www.pol-editeur.fr/catalogue/....asp?Clef=6108
    (Click on "premieres pages" to see the scanned pages)

2. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

I have read The Lover -this summer actually. I love the movie, the soundtrack and the cinematography are excellent. One of my favorite directors also.

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I have read The Lover -this summer actually. I love the movie, the soundtrack and the cinematography are excellent. One of my favorite directors also.

If I remember correctly her last book was a more autobiographical version of the Lover, haven't read it though...