• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marc Jacobs, United Arrows Wallets and bags

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All prices include shipping/paypal within the CON US. Shipping outside the USA at cost; please PM me for pricing. I'll add more as I continue cleaning. PM or email me at johnlclayton AT hotmail.com

1. Last time I was in Savannah, GA I picked up a lot of goodies from the Marc by Marc Jacobs store to give as gifts and "stocking stuffers" for my friends and family in Japan while visiting there this summer. Anyway, I bought too much stuff and so have several things left over. Rather than just leave them sitting around until next summer (when I'll go back overseas), I thought maybe SF members could use them. They were all very reasonably priced (unlike a lot of MJ), but I would like to make back my original investments since they are all brand new. These aren't mainline Marc, nor are they Hermes quality, but they are fun pieces and very good items for the price, especially if you don't live near an MJ boutique. As well, they're all quite simple and non-logo'd and would make decent items for daily use.

Bags (more pics if you need them): Large Leather totes, lined in nylon with inner zip pocket. Very simple, large soft sided bags, measure about 22 inches long by 14 inches high (not counting handles). The bag on the left is olive, the bag on the right is putty (these are the colors MJ called them). Both are the same style, only different colors. I need $105 shipped for each or $200 shipped if you'd like them both. They're great bags and can store a ton of stuff... I've just got so many bags that I'll never use them.

DSC02301.jpg

Details of the "putty" bag (the Olive is the same, only a different color). The color of "putty" is more of a battleship gray, or a slightly greenish grey. The olive is just that; the color of a dark green olive.

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

Detail of the color/leather:
DSC02311.jpg

Wallets: Long zipper wallets, soft matte leather with leather lining. Inside pockets for bills, credit cards, etc. measure 8X4 inches (photo taken next to passport for size comparison). All wallets same style, see detail pics of white wallet for example. Great size for use as travel wallets or clutches; my friends to whom I gave these in Japan really liked them. $45 each shipped, if you'd like more than one I can probably knock off a few dollars. If you'd like all of them, they'd be $210 shipped.

Colors (from left): Camel, Putty, White, Olive, and Black

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

Croc embossed items: Leather embossed croc pattern wallet/billfold and ID case. Obviously, not real croc, but very decent items and I doubt you'd find better for the price. The leather wallet is $42 and the ID case is $25... or $63 for both.

DSC02306.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

2. I also had this listed in my shirts thread, but it obviously makes more sense in an accessories thread. I have a men's top-handle bag/tote that my SO picked up for me in Tokyo this summer from United Arrows house brand. I think Tim Blanks did a spot about this store on men.style.com recently, but in any case this store is sort of like a Japanese version of Barneys or Bergdorf's.

The bag is canvas with leather accents and handles, black with cream piping. Styling is simple and minimal, but plenty large enough to fit papers, magazines, etc. (I planned to use it as a work bag for when I'm teaching classes; anyway see pic next to the WSJ for size comparison). It measures about 15 inches tall, 12 inches wide, and 3.5 inches deep when full. Inside lined in cotton with inner zip pocket. Made in Japan.

I'd like $150 shipped in the USA, if possible. Outside USA shipped at cost. If I can't sell it, I'll just keep it... but I just bought myself a new Valextra canvas bag and so need to clear up some room. It's still as new... I carried it once or twice over the summer while I was in Japan, but it is still as new.

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02300.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads