• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks, cross post from the carmina thread. Folks seemed interested in moving offers to buy/sell/trade to a separate thread so I set one up for all the awesome Spanish brands out there.

On a separate note- Kirby Alison’s GMTO with TLB-Mallorca look ?.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with translating Allen Edmonds‘s sizes to TLB Mallorca Artista last sizes? I wear a U.S. 9 C (that’s their narrow last, where D is a standard width) on AE’s 65/Park Avenue last and was wondering what size to try to Artista.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get a little advice on TLB Mallorca's width sizing. Meermins in E are typically too snug for me except for the RUI (EE) last. Cheaneys in F width are a great fit. How does TLB compare to these two? Thanks in advance!

TLB's standard width lasts are more similar to Cheaney's (most go down 0,5 sizes in TLB from their Meermin size), so the same size as you have in your Cheaney's should work well.

Does anyone have experience with translating Allen Edmonds‘s sizes to TLB Mallorca Artista last sizes? I wear a U.S. 9 C (that’s their narrow last, where D is a standard width) on AE’s 65/Park Avenue last and was wondering what size to try to Artista.

Most go down 1 full size from their US AE sizing to TLB UK sizing. If you have narrow foot, best probably to order E width as MTO, or perhaps from stock models in standard F width but adding a thin insole.

Last edited:

DrewMill

Reaction score
TLB's standard width lasts are more similar to Cheaney's (most go down 0,5 sizes in TLB from their Meermin lasts), so the same size as you have in your Cheaney's should work well.

Most go down 1 full size from their US AE sizing to TLB UK sizing. If you have narrow foot, best probably to order E width as MTO, or perhaps from stock models in standard F width but adding a thin insole.

This is very helpful. Thank you!

DrewMill

Reaction score
I'm looking at two pairs of black cap toes (The Williams and the Lewis). Does anyone have experience with the ALAN and OLIVER lasts? Any thoughts on which one to purchase?

Phoenician

Reaction score
Just received my custom boots. They came out really beautifully. Color is a little different than I expected, a little more burgundy than the dark brown I ordered but I actually really like the color.

I am having a problem with the fit though. Not around my feet but around my ankles. Not sure if anything can be done about this issue. I emailed them but I know it is late over there so I probably won’t get a response until tomorrow.

View attachment 1402392
View attachment 1402393
View attachment 1402395
View attachment 1402396

ugh, sorry to see this; I can empathize with your frustration. I have a pair of Yanko boots that exhibit this same thing and it drives me nuts. I was thinking of an MTO order through TLB today, but seeing your post just killed it for me. Not sure why they’re doing the ankles so large, as it’s something I’ve never seen with any other maker

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
ugh, sorry to see this; I can empathize with your frustration. I have a pair of Yanko boots that exhibit this same thing and it drives me nuts. I was thinking of an MTO order through TLB today, but seeing your post just killed it for me. Not sure why they’re doing the ankles so large, as it’s something I’ve never seen with any other maker
They were very understanding about it. Offered to pay to ship it back to them and give a full refund. After much thought I decided to keep them and am really happy I did. I have worn them 3 or 4 times for a full day each without any issues. No one can see the problem since my pants cover the ankles. My feet fit them good so I don’t have any issues with comfort or pain. Overall great boots that would be even better if the ankles were a little smaller.

I have other boots that just barely close around my ankles without excess space. I think it is just my ankles being skinny. Wish the rest of me had that problem.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.. now that a few people own the TLB Artista line...

Lot has been said about construction and leather quality.

Can someone give their opinion or review about soles. How though and hard wearing are they ?

John8867

Reaction score
TLB soles are pretty good. I have a pair of boots in rubber for the British winters which are superb, as good as any, and my Artista shoes - which I prefer with leather soles - are really nice. Attached is a quick pic of a pair that I bought last year (but haven't worn much this year with lockdown etc). You can see they are still tidy and wearing well. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• TLB.jpg
    TLB.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 322

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.. now that a few people own the TLB Artista line...

Lot has been said about construction and leather quality.

Can someone give their opinion or review about soles. How though and hard wearing are they ?
They are slightly lower quality then JR (which is the best). If you do a custom order you can get JR soles if you want.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are slightly lower quality then JR (which is the best). If you do a custom order you can get JR soles if you want.

This is what I’d say as well. Good quality Italian super prime leather soles, not on pair with JR or Baker oak bark tanned or Garat’s chestnut tanned ones, but better than many brands standard leather soles. My first pair of TLB’s (main line, who have the same soles as Artista) are about two years old now and been worn a fair bit, but still in good condition and even if I don’t have toe taps also toes are still fine (which is quite rare, usually need to attach rubber toe taps at a cobbler by now).

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any news about the Velazquez NST coming to Skolyx for order?

Sorry if you have been given the impression that we were going to carry that, I think it only was a wish from someone. We did the GMTO of the reverse stitch toe on Goya, and if we would stock a version it would likely be that.

But as you know you can always do a MTO and there Velasquez should be possible, it’s only €75 extra (incl VAT).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads