• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mad men season 3

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I really don't understand the hype over this show. I watched both seasons recently and I was bored to tears. Yeah, the clothes are great and I want to maul Christina Hendricks like a lion on 40 midgets, but it's so slow and meandering and I find it hard to get invested in any of the characters.

Now Breaking Bad, on the other hand, is the best show on TV since The Wire went the way of the Dodo.

I agree. I started watching it in the beginning and thought it was pretty one-dimensional. I said so online and others urged me to give the later episodes another try. I did -- I've watched much of seasons 1 and 2 -- and I just couldn't get excited. I don't think it's a bad show, I'm just not that patient. And yes, Breaking Bad is near the top of my list of all-time favorites.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
the point was he was thisclose to visiting Ms. Menkel and having another affair during his daughter's birthday party.

See, I don't remember any clue that would tell the viewer this was what was on his mind.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
See, I don't remember any clue that would tell the viewer this was what was on his mind.

I forget the details around this, I just remember my "nooo!! don't do it!!! Ok, thank god he didnt" reaction. Their rooftop kiss might have been earlier in the episode, but I forget.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I agree. I started watching it in the beginning and thought it was pretty one-dimensional. I said so online and others urged me to give the later episodes another try. I did -- I've watched much of seasons 1 and 2 -- and I just couldn't get excited. I don't think it's a bad show, I'm just not that patient. And yes, Breaking Bad is near the top of my list of all-time favorites.
It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't think it's all that good. Manton - Definitely agree with you about that episode. I kept wondering when he was going to keel over with alcohol poisoning after his 15 beer. Seemed to go on forever.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don, like most of the male cast, gets a bit more interesting if you have had to deal with any functional alcoholics in your life.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see how some would find it slow on the surface, but I just find it to be way more subtle than anything else on TV. Nearly every line is packed with information about the characters if you're paying attention. If you want it to beat you over the head with sex or drugs or violence, this isn't your show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads