• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M65 Jacket recommedations

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think he was looking for a slim fitting one. Most of the military ones aren't very slim unless you tailor them. I'd look into H&M if you want something relatively cheap. If you check the supermarket on superfuture, there are usually a few Hare (japanese brand) knockoff m65s that are really slim and pretty thin that should do nicely.

tedbearz

Reaction score
Damn I was just in Tokyo a week ago. Where can they be purchased there? Also any places stateside that sell them?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any idea roughly how much the Zara M65s are? I might take a trip down to the ATL location next weekend and pick one up. I'd obviously rather it be slim fitting as opposed to boxy and huge, but warmth is also a necessity.

On a side note, anyone got any idea of the grand opening date for H&M Atlanta?

tedbearz

Reaction score
On a side note Uniqlo has a decent midweight M65 type jacket. A little more modern. Two zip pockets for the top pockets. I saw it at the Shanghai and Tokyo stores. They didn't have it at the Soho store. Not bad for around $45. Was actually cheaper in Tokyo than Shanghai even though its made in China. Go figure.
I'll try to post a pic in a few days.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting one of the Uniqlo jackets at all but theres no store near me and I don't the the UK online store ships to the US unfortunately.

tedbearz

Reaction score
Maybe one of our Asian members can ship for a small service fee?
They had some nice selvedge jeans for around $50 too.
Really disappointed that the Asian Uniqlo stores sell better things than the US store.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like you want a safari jacket or a M65 shirt x jacket hybrid. For affordable fares, comes mid January, Uniqlo/Zara/H&M/Club Monaco/Banana Republic/J.Crew should all have something that fits the bill.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkness2505
have you checked the spiewak ones? they are nice.

they are really baggy and boxy, unfortunately. same thing with all of their products. you may have to size down 1 if possible, to get a slightly more fitted look, and have a tailor do a number of alterations on it for it to look fitted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads