• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luciano barbera

brescd01

Reaction score
I notice Andrew Harris' continued appreciation of this brand. But where can one find these jackets and suits? Does LB have a MTM program?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's always a regular (but not large) supply of Luciano Barbera on EBay. I've also found it at Filene's Basement here in DC on racks of clothes from New York's Barney's and Bergdorf-Goodman. It's great stuff.

In fact, Filene's here in DC recently got a Barney's shipment that included LB. Some examples are blazers retailing at $2800 (Filene's price @$1100); and cashmere/silk shirts retailing at $650 (Filene's price $249). I just noticed in today's paper that these prices will be reduced this weekend for a Labor Day sale.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I notice Andrew Harris' continued appreciation of this brand. But where can one find these jackets and suits? Does LB have a MTM program?
In Philly (I dimly recall that you're from there), I'm not sure. In nyc, Saks, Barney's and Bergdorf all carry Barbera, the nicest selection I think is at Saks personally.

koji

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
George Howard in Baltimore has a great, well-edited collection.

Or at least they did when I visited researching the book.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, Lance Hughes has some, as well as theworldsfinest I think. If you are looking for retaill locations, do you have a Neimans or Saks locally? They may carry it.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
For my fellow Texans, particularly those in the Dallas area, Pockets Menswear also carries the line...

JErwin

Reaction score
I think Canali, too. Pretty cool shop-- I think they are moving, or have moved, to HP Village.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
They've postponed the move to 9-15. Have an e-mail I can forward to you, Lance. That's where they mentioned the Barbera. They're between Korshak and the traditional guys in Dallas as far as the merchandise mix. Lots of well-edited Zegna as I recall, but I haven't been there in a while. David Smith is a good guy too. They're also a member of Threadwize- think Shaia's, Harolds in the Heights, Taylor, Richards & Conger... VM: Yes, a recent development which will take a bit of getting used to I think. Family related. I do own a pair of Tony Llama pit viper boots to go with all my higher end shoes, so I think I'm good to go. Not sure a cowboy hat would work with the purple PT Cruiser and CA plates though...
wink.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Oops- almost forgot. For those of you in the Denver area, Kinsley and Co. in Boulder has LB as well, including ties.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Re Covell- yes. Great store. Was last there in March. Borrelli tailored stood out, Kiton, Excellent selection of Lobb shoes.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VM: Yes, a recent development which will take a bit of getting used to I think. Family related. I do own a pair of Tony Llama pit viper boots to go with all my higher end shoes, so I think I'm good to go. Not sure a cowboy hat would work with the purple PT Cruiser and CA plates though...
wink.gif
Good luck in TX. Hope the adjustment goes smoothly. Be sure to visit San Fran as much as you can - it's such an awesome city that I wish I could visit more often. Hopefully, I'll be able to pay my Aunt and Uncle a visit there next summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads