1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luciano barbera

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brescd01, Sep 1, 2004.

1. brescd01

brescd01 Senior Member

I notice Andrew Harris' continued appreciation of this brand. But where can one find these jackets and suits? Does LB have a MTM program?

2. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

There's always a regular (but not large) supply of Luciano Barbera on EBay. I've also found it at Filene's Basement here in DC on racks of clothes from New York's Barney's and Bergdorf-Goodman. It's great stuff.

In fact, Filene's here in DC recently got a Barney's shipment that included LB. Some examples are blazers retailing at $2800 (Filene's price @$1100); and cashmere/silk shirts retailing at $650 (Filene's price $249). I just noticed in today's paper that these prices will be reduced this weekend for a Labor Day sale.

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

In Philly (I dimly recall that you're from there), I'm not sure. In nyc, Saks, Barney's and Bergdorf all carry Barbera, the nicest selection I think is at Saks personally.

koji

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

George Howard in Baltimore has a great, well-edited collection.

Or at least they did when I visited researching the book.

5. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Well, Lance Hughes has some, as well as theworldsfinest I think. If you are looking for retaill locations, do you have a Neimans or Saks locally? They may carry it.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

For my fellow Texans, particularly those in the Dallas area, Pockets Menswear also carries the line...

7. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

pockets? what else do they carry?

8. JErwin

JErwin Active Member

I think Canali, too. Pretty cool shop-- I think they are moving, or have moved, to HP Village.

9. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Steve-O, what happened to San Francisco?

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

They've postponed the move to 9-15. Have an e-mail I can forward to you, Lance. That's where they mentioned the Barbera. They're between Korshak and the traditional guys in Dallas as far as the merchandise mix. Lots of well-edited Zegna as I recall, but I haven't been there in a while. David Smith is a good guy too. They're also a member of Threadwize- think Shaia's, Harolds in the Heights, Taylor, Richards & Conger... VM: Yes, a recent development which will take a bit of getting used to I think. Family related. I do own a pair of Tony Llama pit viper boots to go with all my higher end shoes, so I think I'm good to go. Not sure a cowboy hat would work with the purple PT Cruiser and CA plates though... [​IMG]

11. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

Bergdorf has a custom or made to measure program for Barbera on the second floor. I don't know the details.

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Oops- almost forgot. For those of you in the Denver area, Kinsley and Co. in Boulder has LB as well, including ties.

13. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

steve:
    sure send along the email. i might be in dallas next weekend

also, re: denver, anyone been in lawrence covell? what do they carry?

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Re Covell- yes. Great store. Was last there in March. Borrelli tailored stood out, Kiton, Excellent selection of Lobb shoes.

15. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Good luck in TX. Hope the adjustment goes smoothly. Be sure to visit San Fran as much as you can - it's such an awesome city that I wish I could visit more often. Hopefully, I'll be able to pay my Aunt and Uncle a visit there next summer.