• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low/Mid-priced trousers

Fredrik

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been searching for an answer to this for a while now, but I can't find any good info.

I was wondering who makes the best quality low/mid-priced trousers for everyday wear? Kind of like the T.M. Lewin/Charles Tyrwhitt of trousers.

• Preferably 100 % natural fiber, with soft and durable fabric and a classic fit [around 9-9.5" leg opening width I think] (none of this).
  • It would also be great to get to choose between as many trouser lengths and colours as possible.
  • Since I live in Sweden, it would be most convenient if they were available within the EU to avoid customs and high postage costs.

I know Charles Tyrwhitt have some chinos and trousers for around £39.95-£49.95. What are the other go-to places for cheap trousers?

Best regards
Fredrik

Aqualung

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been searching for an answer to this for a while now, but I can't find any good info.

I was wondering who makes the best quality low/mid-priced trousers for everyday wear? Kind of like the T.M. Lewin/Charles Tyrwhitt of trousers.
  • Preferably 100 % natural fiber, with soft and durable fabric and a classic fit [around 9-9.5" leg opening width I think] (none of this).
  • It would also be great to get to choose between as many trouser lengths and colours as possible.
  • Since I live in Sweden, it would be most convenient if they were available within the EU to avoid customs and high postage costs.
I know Charles Tyrwhitt have some chinos and trousers for around £39.95-£49.95. What are the other go-to places for cheap trousers?

Best regards
Fredrik

Corbin or Brooks

Leg opening width is determined by shoe size which correlates to height.

You don't want to look like some nerd or dopey 'tween in peg leg pants and big fugly gunboat wingtips sticking out of them. Makes you look like a clown especialy when you look like a pencil necked geek to begin with
lol8[1].gif
If you order from anywhere and it's sent by Fedex or UPS then they have to collect and duty due. But if you have them sent by someone using regular US Mail they can just fill in the form and write used clothes and value like $10 etc.

Aqualung

Reaction score
Hello!

Best regards
Fredrik

btw, I know you said 50 pounds ($80) and the ones I mentioned are more but in the US there are always better sales which you really don't see as much in England plus there's a 20% VAT.
The US also pioneered the RTW market replacing most of the tedious and expensive mtm clothes that were common back them so they make clothes in many many sizes and cuts so someone would be able to find something that would fit as well as mtm. You'll notice that US shoes come in many widths and even shoes made in England and sold in the US do this because that's what the US consumers expects (look at AE or Alden)

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF affiliate Shop the Finest carries Valentini Sartoria. I have a couple of pairs of their dress slacks.
Decent quality and fit for the price. I own much more costly slacks and these really don't look that different.
Downside, STFinest only does not offer full refund. Instead you get store credit.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/n-Category=Clothing&refine=y&Type=Pants&page=1

Also, check out Howard Yount. I've seen swatches of his trousers at an SF Meet-Up
two years ago. Very nice.

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pants

I have no idea whether on can order from them.
Arthur et Fox, Paris France have some of the best quality.
I have slacks from them, one pair of which is over twenty
years old and still looks good. There sell classical
British-inspired clothing of very high quality at
relatively reasonable prices at 159 Boul. St Germain.

Other locations:

Arthur et Fox
Rue Vignon
75009 9ème Arrondissement Paris, Paris, France
01 47 42 00 32‎
01 47 42 86 81‎ - Fax

Arthur et Fox
44, Rue Bac
75007 Paris, France
01 45 44 90 40‎

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads