• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for western shirts

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What are you talking about? I regularly see RRL western shirts on sale for $80 and less. I've owned three and have never paid more than $60 myself.

(Psst, if you're a small, I have one I'd be willing to sell.)

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
I've really been wanting to check out some RRL but its kind of pricey... even shirts on ebay seem to go for retail :/
Sounds like another good reason to go with authentic western wear shirting.

splattered

Reaction score
Well i'm sure some can be had for $60-80, but i often see them going for way more. Plus some of the measurements have seemed off and when i messaged a seller they said "Oh, yeah older RRL was cut much larger than they are now" yet the price of the shirt is for what the current run is going for? Sheesh

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I've really been wanting to check out some RRL but its kind of pricey... even shirts on ebay seem to go for retail :/
Originally Posted by CEE88
Sounds like another good reason to go with authentic western wear shirting.
You get what you pay for.
Originally Posted by ahjota
^^ What are you talking about? I regularly see RRL western shirts on sale for $80 and less.
I've had the same experience not only online but at RRL during sale season. Back in Jan I saw shirts going for $50 or so.
Well i'm sure some can be had for $60-80, but i often see them going for way more. Plus some of the measurements have seemed off and when i messaged a seller they said "Oh, yeah older RRL was cut much larger than they are now" yet the price of the shirt is for what the current run is going for? Sheesh
Just a cursory check shows a number of shirts on ebay going for under $100. The ones that are over $100 are typically older and sold more for collectors; they're also the ones that are oversized.

People who really do want to find XYZ on ebay for a particular price commonly do through patience and saved searches. It's not exactly magic or rocket science.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay I've seen a lot of nice western shirts, but does anyone know of any more of the style in my first post?

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You get what you pay for.

Hmm. Not sure that rule is being applied correctly here.

You pay for the huge marketing and overhead associated with the brand. Is that something you 'get?'

You pay for the perception of quality - because it's priced higher it should be worth more, right?

And if you buy that type of brand at retail, you help pay for the sizable percentage of stock that will ultimately be sold at deep discounts off retail.

No, I'm quite certain that "You get what you pay for" doesn't make sense here.

In fact, I'd say it's probably more true that few things in life are worth the price marked -- ESPECIALLY huge corporate apparel brands priced at retail.

benchan

Reaction score
They're always cut too long to be tucked in. But these days, the only guys who tuck in western shirts are professional bull riders.
Sorry to butt in with a question. See this in GQ........is this really so? I tuck mine in sometimes.

syc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
Okay I've seen a lot of nice western shirts, but does anyone know of any more of the style in my first post?

You can check out our men's western shirts page, but I think you already said you weren't looking for Pslim or Wrangler. We do have some Rockmount shirts, but what exactly do you like about the shirts in your original post? Smile pockets? Embroidery? Color? Cuffs? Yokes?

A lot of western shirts incorporate these features in different ways and I think by letting us know exactly what features you like in those shirts will help us drill down to the shirt you're looking for...

I feel like I have seen that first shirt in your post or something very similar to it. If I can track one down, I'll pass it on...

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by syc
You can check out our men's western shirts page, but I think you already said you weren't looking for Pslim or Wrangler. We do have some Rockmount shirts, but what exactly do you like about the shirts in your original post? Smile pockets? Embroidery? Color? Cuffs? Yokes?

A lot of western shirts incorporate these features in different ways and I think by letting us know exactly what features you like in those shirts will help us drill down to the shirt you're looking for...

I feel like I have seen that first shirt in your post or something very similar to it. If I can track one down, I'll pass it on...

I just like the shirts and how they're brought together. Not that I didn't want Wrangler or Pslim just that they didn't have the two shirts I had mentioned.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
just buy levis, its a western shirt ffs

I have plenty of western shirts by all different manufacturers I'm looking for those two specifically.

ma1

Reaction score
the shirts in the op are ugly as hell sorry

are going for the look of a sleazy vegas pimp?

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
the shirts in the op are ugly as hell sorry

are going for the look of a sleazy vegas pimp?

I'd give my remaining testicle to be a sleazy vegas pimp :/

As for western shirts... have you checked out various skate brands? Lots of them have western style shirts ranging from the subtle to extreme with all of the above mentioned details, and they're usually much cheaper than something like RRL.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
polo has some ok ones if you're just looking for something affordable. have red/black/navy that's got the snaps and stuff.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
Not the droids I'm looking for.
Did you check their Rock and Roll Cowboy or Brooks & Dunn lineup? It might be from a different season, granted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads