• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for some nice wingtips?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Ralph Laurens are nice shoes and colour.

Make your budget $300 and you may have a chance at something nice. For tan you'll have to try the B&S here or Ebay but no guarantee on manufacturer. For under $200 you are unlikely to find much.

Last edited:

phaseshift

Reaction score
hmm okay lets go with 300, but less is better haha

naviator

Reaction score
I just got some gorgeous Adam Derrick To Boot New York balmoral wingtips at Sak's Off 5th for $199. Worth checking out.

phaseshift

Reaction score
also I'm thinking of maybe just cap toe oxfords as well, I feel that they can be worn in a more casual attire, what do you guys think?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those RL wingtips in dark brown . Beautiful shoes. Made by AE the quality is top notch. Buy them on sale. I've got mine on sale 2 months ago.

malat

Reaction score
Yep. Wait for the next RL private sale and snatch those RL wingtips for 40% off.

phaseshift

Reaction score
should I go for the wingtips then? I want to be able to wear them with dark jeans or some pants for a casual look as well, wing tips or cap toe

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score
Yes, you can definitely wear them with jeans. Just sit tight a bit longer. If I remember correctly, I picked up the Darlton wingtips from RL during the private sale in Sept/Oct -- 40% off.

Last edited:

phaseshift

Reaction score
is there anyway I can set up an email alert so that when the RL sale goes on I can snag those awesome wingtips? Sorry, I'm abit new to the "mens clothing" forum

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
Those shoes are sweet (both colors.) I would suggest looking on the Fine Pair of Shoes website. The Loakes seem to be nice and have a good variety. The downside is that you dont get to try them on. And if you really want to stick to under $200 - try Florsheim.

If I am reading your signature correctly, you served our Country as a Marine in Iraq. If that is the case, Thank You.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep. Wait for the next RL private sale and snatch those RL wingtips for 40% off.

I picked up mine during the 40% off the retail plus they had weekend offer further 20% off the sale price. :slayer:

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E MacNeils retail for $335 in the tan calf. They should be under $300 on sale.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked up mine during the 40% off the retail plus they had weekend offer further 20% off the sale price. :slayer:

That looks a hell of a lot like the AE players shoe I'm wearing right now.

Was offered on sale for $199 by nordstrom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads