• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for NYC recommendations

soultek

Reaction score
Hey all, as a fan of the streetwear & Denim forum, what shops would you recommend I check out in NYC. Not looking for anything in particular, but I don't care about sneakers.

BTW, I live in LA, so I'll be avoiding places I can go to here. So far I'm going to check out these stores if i have time. wondering if there's anything anyone would care to add to the list. The current shop list might indicate my tastes.

Nom De Guerre
45rpm
APC
Atrium
Blue in Green
Famous Friends
Odin
Steven Alan
Seven
Ernest Sewn
Rogan
Thom Browne
Bergdorf
Sieze sur Vingt
Opening Ceremony
Uniqlo
Cloak
Margiela

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IF Boutique ..they carry a bunch of grat stuff from margiela..dries..junya and stuff
its on grand street near cloak
jack spade store
paul smith
and ummmm commes des garcons

Max

Reaction score
patricia fields
seven new york

ts4them

Reaction score
Barney's instead of Bergdorf (but might as well do both since they're close to each other).

Co-Op in chelsea (18th b/w 7th and 8th)

Jeffrey in meatpacking district (do in conjunction w/ Co-Op)

soultek

Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll check out that thread too.

There's a Barney's in Los Angeles, so I wasn't planning on going there in NYC.

However, does anyone know how different their selection is between the NYC and LA store?

Lady Savage

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how different the selection from Barney's NYC and Barney's LA is but since the styles vary a bit from the west coast to east costs you'll probably find a number of things you don't see in Barney's LA. Different buyers, different places, different styles. It would be worth checking out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads