• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for help here guys.... H.Q. work boots needed, for work.

NattyBoh74

Reaction score
So Ive been researching the hell out of this subject matter. I know there are tons of knowledgeable guys here that are keen on boots. Ive narrowed it down somewhat, but not where Im conformable to make my decision. The issue is that Im going to have to order it online, so I wont be able to check them out prior to buying. And I haven't seen a comparison of boots in terms of work use, just streetwear use.

I have a pair of Chippewas, but their QC isn't what Id consider great. Almost sad being its a USA boot, but thats neither here nor there....This is where Im at:

I want a logger in black with steel toe. Height from 8-10" is alright. It has to be USA made. I prefer 100% USA materials and labor if possible. I know White and Wesco is as such. I dont need insulated/waterproof. Im a mechanic, plus Id throw some Obenauf's LP or the like on them ASAP.

Im interested in the big players:

Wesco
Whites
Viberg... maybe.
Red Wing

I can try on Red Wings locally, and there is one that Im interested in. Its model 2218. So I will do that ASAP. What Im worried about with the Wesco and White's is making an order either custom or standard order is what if I dont like them? What is they dont wear well with my work uniform ( too bulky etc )

Also, I like the Smokejumper, but I HATE the thick sole. That thing is crazy thick...

Does anyone know the thickness of the Red Wing 2218 leather?

Any and all help is appreciated here guys. Help on comparisons, where to look, real life images... just any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony.

jhwendland

Reaction score
Can't offer much help, but try posting in an appropriate thread for more feedback. Also, shoot for conciseness.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about Thorogood? Don't know if they have what you're looking for but they do offer US made

NattyBoh74

Reaction score
I do know about them, but they are not 100% USA. They are just assmebled/made here. Not of USA 100% good and labor. I do like their offerings though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads