• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Critique on my First (Indochino) Suit

Reaction score
Hey all,

As the title states I am looking for some constructive criticism on my first suit from Indochino, or rather, my first suit in general. I purchased this suit because my fiance liked the color/style for our wedding and it seemed rather affordable and simple to get all of my groomsmen on the same page online, versus trying to coordinate everyone going to a department or menswear store and finding the same suit in the right sizes (which in retrospect may have been the better option).

I know Indochino is hit or miss and there are plenty of bad suits for every great fitting suit that I have seen, however, I'm a "green suiter" and wear ACU's everyday so I can make the case that I don't know any better. As a junior officer, I wear my dress blues once every 3-4 months and I don't really know how a well fitting suit should fit. I trust that y'all will help me formulate my opinion before I take the suit to a reputable tailor.

So SF, does this suit fit good/bad/other, and can a tailor alter this to be good/acceptable or should I demand a remake. Wedding is in about 3.5 weeks so I need to act quickly.

In b4 'do you even lift?', clean apartment, poverty kitchen, strong biceps.. etc. Apologies for the poor photos/wrinkled suit. It is fresh out of the box.

Did my best to show fit around shoulders/back/arms/thighs. My initial feeling is the suit is a little tight in the arms, shoulders, and ass region. Some of it shows through in the pics, some not so much. Let me know what you think so I can get this thing looking as best I can.

Pics:

Thanks gents.

joeman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I feel like the sleeves are a bit short and a good press should do the trick.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves are too short and the front of the jacket is too tight. Look at how the lapels are flaring out. The pants are also too long. If you fix those things, you'll be in business.

Reaction score
Are these areas that are fixable by a good tailor, or am I stuck with ordering a remake? I'm thinking maybe .75 or so added to the sleeves.

Good eye on the lapels vinnymac. I looked at the pics and didn't even notice until you pointed that out.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something wrong in the shoulders, and it probably would be costly to fix. Fortunately, it's only visible from the side.

Also, there is extra material in the upper back.

Enough things could be tailored for a reasonable amount that it's worth doing so. The end result should be considerably better than what the average man wears.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A typical Indochino garment with too many faults. You might get an alterations tailor to achieve something with it but going somewhere else would be better.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, in my opinion:

Pants are too long
sleeves are a bit tight in the bi/tri
chest is a bit tight
some rippling below the collar on your back

The shoulders look pretty decent, but this might be a lot of work for an alterations tailor. If you can ask for a remake, that would probably be best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads