• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for advice on changing wardrobe and style

Vali

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first thread so I'll start with a very brief introduction. I'm 29 yo and work in organizing music festivals, as you can imagine a very casual environment. I recently decided to change my entire wardrobe so I started researching to find out what I like. Tom Ford's aesthetic with the strong shoulders, peak lapels, slim waist and longer jacket is what I like most. Getting an entire wardrobe from Tom Ford would probably cost 150k, so I'll buy a few staple pieces such as a grey suit, navy blazer etc from there and for the rest I'll work with a local tailor who has acces to grat fabrics.

What I want to ask you all, won't this all look dated in 2-3 years? I will be spending a considerable sum on this makeover and I am worried that in a couple of years I won't be able to wear theese pieces any more.

To try to visualize what I am going for I will attach a few pictures of tis guy I follow on Instagram:

Any advice is well appreciated, please excuse me if my english is not the best

Vali

Reaction score
I have decided to wear mostly sportcoats with trousers, I don't want to be extremely formal. Up until now I have been wearing mostly quite tacky designer stuff combined with cheaper items from Zara or Massimo Dutti. A couple examples:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between the attachments (which most people don't want to open) and the lack of an explanation for the feedback now wanted, what is there to say?

jedwards

Reaction score
it's all a bit tacknacci to borrow a phrase used by others on here.

Those instagrm pics you posted, by and large they are vain guys desperate for a "like" and so wear provocative stuff to get any kind of reaction. Gullible people then click "like" because they assume unusual and provocative equals well dressed.

It's become an arms race - who can unstuck their shirt collar the most, their monks traps undone, their buttons not done right, wear the most dangly things with no purpose....

Tom ford does indeed make some nice clothes - the problem seems to be that most people are now using his stuff almost as a 'logo' in the same way they would do with the gucci or LV monogramme (or Hermes belt) they buy it to sol people know what it is.

Are you doing the same?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between the attachments (which most people don't want to open)

@Vali, most people (myself included) aren't going to click on random files posted on the internet. Either embed the images or IMG tag 'em so we can see what you're even talking about.

Last edited:

Vali

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. No, I'm not trying to use the Tom Ford style as a logo because I work in a very informal environment where most people I deal with every day don't have a clue who he is or how much this stuff costs. Beeing tall and quite athletic I found out that his suit cuts favour my phisique a lot. Since I've posted the first time I got a TF jacket and besides the ton of compliments I got every time I wore it I absolutely love how it looks on me. So I pretty much want all my stuff to look and feel like that

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks like financier wear. It probably will make a bad impression on some others in the music industry. Minus the pocket squares and gaudy watches, things would be better. Also, the tie with large dots doesn't work with the other clothes.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks like financier wear. It probably will make a bad impression on some others in the music industry. Minus the pocket squares and gaudy watches, things would be better. Also, the tie with large dots doesn't work with the other clothes.

"financier"? More like a juice loan broker. One would hardly see anyone from Lazard, or Goldman Sachs in get-ups like that.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Individual pieces looks good. but put together, too GQ for my taste with so many accessories..looks like he is wearing jeggings.
The AP watches looks baller though...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads