• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a slim fit harrington style jacket

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
oi polloi has a new one for S/S 09 that is made from the same waxed cotton as Barbour jackets on their website, I think it was added today

brandall10

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
They have the olive one on the fred perry website in a 36. I think black was just last year (?). Oddly enough, the one on the website looks distressed, but mine is not.

How do I find it? Going to the flash site, select mens, then jackets, and I see a page with 6 jackets. None of them are harringtons... the first couple are harrington'esque (one black, one grey). Flip to page 2, see two more jackets, a black and red, same deal.

Is there someplace on the website I'm missing?

darkie_one

Reaction score
I've got brand new italian Mario Matteo jacket from YOOX, never worn - it feels like one size small for me, and I've missed the return time. The quality is awesome and I like the sleeve openings more than in classic harringtons. I'm 6" and 175lbs with 40" chest. I think 5"9' - 6", 36-38 chested guys will fit well into it. PM me, if interested.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked up the Baracuta G4 slimfit. I can't rave more above the fit.

It has side-tabs at the waist instead of elastic at the hips. Also, cuff tabs at the wrists, instead of elastic. Nice and slim fitting. The lack of elastic makes for a more streamlined look.

Oi Polloi has the measurements, if anyone is interested:

size\tpit to pit\tback\tarm
36"\t20.5"\t27.0"\t20.0"
38"\t21.5"\t28.0"\t20.0"
40"\t22.5"\t28.0"\t20.0"
42"\t23.0"\t28.0"\t20.0"
44"\t24.0"\t28.5"\t20.0"​

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Baracu...kNavy-713.html

eightysixed

Reaction score
I was at an H&M today here in California and saw two G9-like jackets, one in black and the other in grey. Both had a grey plaid lining. It's rather slim-fit, more so than my JTG jackets. Unfortunately, quality is really pretty low, cloth is different (inferior and wrinkles easily) from a normal G9, and the plaid is not red Fraser. But it's close enough in most details to a Harrington copy that I figured I'd go ahead and mention it here, especially since the price is less than $35. Sorry, no pics.

pops

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonymouz
there was a thread about JTG UK(jump the gun) -their stuff is supposed to be slim and they make a harrington. it's pretty cheap too.

do you know if those jackets are rainproof?

eightysixed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pops
do you know if those jackets are rainproof?

I don't believe my JtG Harrington's are treated. Water does bead up a bit in a light drizzle but I haven't tried taking it further, choosing to take an umbrella and/or raincoat.

Racing Green

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads