• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Look at this Thom Browne victim.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at him and SoCal. Looks like a sense of humor makes all the difference in terms of pulling something off well.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still love it. Its just a bad angle...maybe.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The visible socks kill the look.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont really see anything wrong with it. and how do you know he doesnt have a sence of humour and isnt just playing around with style? you r teh dumb.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
It looks like he's trying not to cry, and only sort of succeeding.

Indeed. I also think that this kind of look can work, but the socks sure are a turnoff.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
I think he looks fine. The high waters aren't my thing, but I don't think that you look bad if you have them.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the pant length, but it otherwise looks good to me.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
I must admit though, I like Thom Browne but I hate the uniform, if you wear Thom Browne you don't have to wear a tie of the same fabric of your suit, and pants above your ankles, chunky black wingtips, etc etc. I like Thom Browne clothes, but when you wear that uniform it shows you have no style. Socal does a good job of wearing Thom Browne and blending it in with other clothes, instead of looking like the mannequin in the window.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
I must admit though, I like Thom Browne but I hate the uniform, if you wear Thom Browne you don't have to wear a tie of the same fabric of your suit, and pants above your ankles, chunky black wingtips, etc etc. I like Thom Browne clothes, but when you wear that uniform it shows you have no style. Socal does a good job of wearing Thom Browne and blending it in with other clothes, instead of looking like the mannequin in the window.

But aren't you missing the point of Thom Browne by not wearing his clothes as a uniform?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40