• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look at this Thom Browne victim.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Flared AND short sleeves?
frown.gif

Those are the things that stick out to you?

Originally Posted by dopey
I think Thom Browne really only cares that you give him your support. The TB as uniform stuff is for the fashion press.

Well, Socal says 'support'. Thom Browne says: "Ka-ching!!!"

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet you learn a lot about people & what clothes mean when you wear this to work.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sorry, that just looks f*ckin' ridiculous. If I saw someone walking towards me in this, I would likely blatantly laugh, its just that bad.

When we were in high school, my little brother was a mod, and tended towards very narrow pant legs with no break at all. My father used to tell him he looked like a "field mouse" with his trousers like that. That's what I think of when I see this, a field mouse.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I'm sorry, that just looks f*ckin' ridiculous. If I saw someone walking towards me in this, I would likely blatantly laugh, its just that bad.

When we were in high school, my little brother was a mod, and tended towards very narrow pant legs with no break at all. My father used to tell him he looked like a "field mouse" with his trousers like that. That's what I think of when I see this, a field mouse.

I agree^....must be a NYC thing.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
Not really. People sporting the full-on Thom Browne look like idiots here to. But sometimes their are enough of them to huddle together at their own table in the cafeteria where they sneer at everyone else for not being individual enough.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thom Browne has found a new way to bring brand identity to tailored clothing for men. There is no difference between that suit and a golf shirt with a giant Polo logo or a hoodie with 'Hollister' all over it. Without such an easily identified brand, Browne would not be a success.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please get rid of Thom Brown.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02

Not really. People sporting the full-on Thom Browne look like idiots here to. But sometimes their are enough of them to huddle together at their own table in the cafeteria where they sneer at everyone else for not being individual enough.

This guy looks like a guy you'd want to take extra care not to look in the face on the subway unless you want to hear his rant.

Pylon

Reaction score
Hmm... this same guy in this same outfit (though slightly different photo) appeared in the latest issue of GQ.

Sorry - I guess I just don't see the appeal in the short-cut pants.

Reborn

Reaction score
But sometimes their are enough of them to huddle together at their own table in the cafeteria where they sneer at everyone else for not being individual enough.

The other side of the intersection is another weeping Thom wearer. This is the look of recognition.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8

+1. The pants look ridiculous.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suddenly got the idea that there is no groupthink of any kind of SF.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads