• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Legs for chino shorts flaring out too much, anyone else have this issue?

boxdiver

Reaction score
Just bought some Chinos from RL. After one wash, it seems like the legs are flaring out way too much. I'm not saying I want them tapered to my leg, but it makes it look odd. I'll try to post some pics later.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My answer is get them tailored, either bring up the crotch or taper the legs so they look straight.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver
Just bought some Chinos from RL. .

well there's your problem right there.

My Brioni and Kiton shorts have no such problems.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I lightly iron some of my shorts and then fold them so there's a crease down the front which keeps the side to side spread minimized, if you understand what I'm saying. If that doens't work, I take them to a tailor, or throw them out and buy ones that fit the way I like.

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have this problem you ask? I'd say about 90% of white middle aged middle income male Americans do. Popular 'rules' suggest no socks with loafers but for the love of god people can we stop this horrendous look now? Overly baggy khaki chino shorts with skinny, bandy legs coming out of them that couldn't stop a pig in a passage, rounded off with skinny chicken ankles and a pair of topsiders. Coming soon to a diner near you every Sunday brunchtime in the summer.

Get your chinos tapered or wear short white socks and Stan Smiths or something, anything to put a stop to this aberration that disturbs my bowels post Spanish omelette.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.