• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leather pants - would you wear them?

leatherboy

Reaction score
I had to make up the full suit.

The blazer and pants are both really smooth italian leather, same make and designer. I then got a long sleeved leather shirt from InternationalMale and the leather tie was from Amstersam. The waistcoat is almost exactly the same type of leather as the blazer and pants and I got that from Newcastle (Northern England).

I love wearing 3 piece suits for work and I have always wanted to recreate that look in full black leather. I dont think anyone else wears a full black leather suit but I do whenever I can, cos it feels amazing and I love wearing it. At first, I used to get a lot of sniggers and looks, now though Ive noticed Im starting to get compliments and enquiries. I just love wearing formal black leather from head to toe!

Im gobsmacked I cannot seem to find tailored black leather suits anywhere to buy!

dsmolken

Reaction score
One good functional reason I've heard for leather trousers is from a guy who was in a band with an alcoholic guitarist. The guitarist wore leather trousers because he said that way he could piss himself on stage and no one would see it.

I've also noticed that homeless people wear them pretty often when it's cold and wet.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but in an interesting way as not to look like a total douche (i.e not cut skintight). I went to a costume party once in leather pants, velvet jacket, cotton shirt, knit tie, suede shoes and silk pocketsquare, all black, just different textures.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair, black leather, jeans style pants.

Bought them at Trash & Vaudeville in the late 90s. Wanted them for an opening night.

A day later, needed to have them hemmed in a hurry...the shops were closing....finally found one place, either the Noose or the Gauntlet I forget, in Chelsea. From the name you can tell the focus of the product line, and the clientele.

They would not agree to tailor them until they saw them, but fortunately when I brought them in, the pants passed muster. The leather leg was a single piece. Other lesser pair may be patchier and nastier.

I asked the man how I should clean the rayon lining. He said, rip it out! Nothing should come between you and your leather!

Wore them with a 10 Corso Como/No Name silk and wool DB peak lapel black coat and a striped tone on tone white T&A shirt, and black dress boots.

The outfit was a success.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
+1 for Rob halford.

I think the problem is the texture, too smooth with no weaving, also why nylon pants don't look that great. IMO

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lynchpatrickj
LOMG YOU'RE WEARING THE SKIN OF COWS HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I SKINNED YOU ALIVE AND WORE YOUR ASS ON MY FOREHEAD LIKE AN AVIATOR HELMET DOUCHEBAG, etc.

And for the rest of you:

Leather pants? Would you do it?

Wait... what? Did you just pre-empt the snark?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads