• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, you should be able to wear a leather jacket pretty much year-round in the bay area.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't as much from ~mid-summer to early-fall. Just gets a bit too hot around here, even for lightly-lined lambskins.

Otherwise, I wear it about half the time I'm in casualwear. So maybe a couple of times a week?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the sleeve zippers on my jacket keep coming undone about an inch and then stop there... is that normal? Is there a trick to getting it to stop?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe 8 months out of the year? It's going to be high 80's low 90's all week down here.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah suppose I should've qualified my statement with it depending on what part of the Bay Area you're in, since the climate does actually vary quite a bit from one part to another.

djblade1501

Reaction score
I got this Tom Ford style Jacket custom Made - Thought it turned our beautiful with amazing Lamb leather, but I Have to sell it since it's a little too short for my height. I hope I cant find a buyer who's shorter.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Most of the time, the evenings are cool enough to wear either one of my leather jackets (a1923 and ma+, both horse leather), especially if the event is outside rather than inside. Harder during the day, of course, especially over here in Oaktown, where it can get pretty toasty from June-August. When I used to ride a motorcycle, though, I almost always wore leather when I rode around here. I had a different jacket for long-distance trips through deserts and such. I sure do miss that bike...that one time I went up through the Canadian Rockies...the mountains, the waterfalls...
Wait, what were we talking about?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Hard to tell given the low lighting, but I think a 46 would have been better.

FWIW, I'm 5'10", 145 lbs, and 37" chest. I wear a 46 in the newer 5-zip models.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like there could be excess material around the upper back/shoulders, 46 might be better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads