• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-A-I

Reaction score
Why'd you opt to put on your own buttons?

People on the FiveStar thread on TFL reported that the stock buttons were pretty bad. I figured if I was going to replace them anyways I might as well just ask that they don't put them on in the first place.

CWV

Reaction score
Just got my Five Star deerskin trucker jacket in and I'm really pleased with it. I've heard people complain about the deerskin, and while I don't have much experience with the material I can say it doesn't feel plasticky or "fake" at all. It is fairly thin, but not shirt-jacket material. Clocks in at 3.4 lbs on my bathroom scale.
View attachment 1684012

After putting on the buttons (fun project!):
View attachment 1684016 View attachment 1684015 View attachment 1684014 View attachment 1684013
A bit big around the waist but for a first attempt I couldn't be happier--it'll make a great baseline for future orders. For anyone interested in getting something custom made, I would highly recommend you be as specific as possible: here's the template I sent over and Shawn got the measurements down to the centimeter. View attachment 1684020 View attachment 1684021 View attachment 1684022
How did you know the exact measurements you wanted? At best I could give my own.

D-A-I

Reaction score
How did you know the exact measurements you wanted? At best I could give my own.

I measured a denim trucker jacket I owned and added/subtracted from the areas I wanted to change (eyeballed it). Seems I didn't get the waist formula down exactly, that could be because the jacket I measured had a one-piece back and this has a three-piece. I could probably stand to drop 4–6cm from the waist and 2–3cm from the hem.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Grail Jacket Day: James Grose Nappa Shearling, size 44

IMG_7238.jpg

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm just gonna be limited to when I travel or move north. I also have a size 42 coming in tomorrow. Just for comparison's sake.

But yeah, I mailed it out to @NorCal. Tracking shows it out for delivery today. Maybe he'll chime in with his thoughts.

Dwild

Reaction score
People on the FiveStar thread on TFL reported that the stock buttons were pretty bad. I figured if I was going to replace them anyways I might as well just ask that they don't put them on in the first place.

To give some more context, I ordered a trucker jacket from fivestar with their stock buttons. The buttons rattled whenever I moved. It was basically impossible to wear until I replaced the buttons.

Other than the buttons, the jacket was great. But I am guessing this is why people on TFL took issue with the buttons. If I order another trucker in the future, I will also ask that they just not put buttons on as I would just have to replace them later.

phivoj

Reaction score
X-Post from the should I buy thread: anybody has any thoughts/experience with Mr. P leathers? I really like this shearling:

F09C6488-07D1-430F-B05A-51759152647C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics