• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LLAW18M-JKT05_ILLUMINARE+Zip+Collar+Leather+Jacket_Charcoal_11.jpg

Mmmm, the ole foreskin jacket.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Leon Louis leather jackets? I know they're probably out of step with the current zeitgeist (good chance I'm using this word wrong) of this thread. How's the leather quality/construction? And how hard would it be to integrate into a normal/regular wardrobe?

ENOS SCAR STITCHED HORSE LEATHER JACKET

leon-louis-gloved-leather-6-min.jpg

ILLUMINARE ZIP COLLAR LEATHER JACKET

LLAW18M-JKT05_ILLUMINARE+Zip+Collar+Leather+Jacket_Charcoal_09.jpg

LLAW18M-JKT05_ILLUMINARE+Zip+Collar+Leather+Jacket_Charcoal_11.jpg

lmfao

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thedi flight-1-9.jpg

Does anyone have experience with Thedi? How does it stack up with other favorite brands on this forum? They seem to use primarily veg-tanned buffalo and cowhide, sometimes hand finished.

I really like this flight jacket. This is essentially their Cossack jacket with an aviation style collar.

ErikW

Reaction score
I just purchased a custom Thedi (still inbound). They're known to be one of the highest quality / value brands you can buy. Check out TheFedoraLounge forum - they have a lot of info on the brand. I bought mine through Thurston Brothers and it was a great experience. They ship a fit jacket to you that is an off-the-rack size and then determine what needs to be altered to be a great fit for you.

This is essentially the jacket I ordered - this is the MTC-127995 and it also comes with a detachable shearling collar.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.07.36 PM.png

View attachment 1543471
Does anyone have experience with Thedi? How does it stack up with other favorite brands on this forum? They seem to use primarily veg-tanned buffalo and cowhide, sometimes hand finished.

I really like this flight jacket. This is essentially their Cossack jacket with an aviation style collar.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Leon Louis is a cool guy, does good work and the in the true artisanal sense.
So you’ll get a well made product.
As for the styles I can’t comment because everyone’s taste is different.

I like simple Leather Jackets with not too much seam and unnecessary details, but I guess as designers we make things that we ourselves might not wear but there is a customer who would.
Maybe regardless of designer it’s just good to stick to things that works for ones body type and personal taste....

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear a layer-0 leather...

despite that, i'm going to tell you that those look like **** and you shouldn't bother
like leon emmanuel black or incarnation if you remove craftsmanship or taste
I knew that 3rd jacket reminded me of something...

View attachment 1543293
the cloth panels kill it for me on that scar stitch jacket.
Mmmm, the ole foreskin jacket.

LOL! Okay, I guess I'll crawl back under my rock over yonder.

Seriously, though I was getting a bit bored looking at all the Double Riders/Motos/Cafe Racers that has been the main focus of this thread and was looking for something a little different and interesting.

Don't get me wrong I still intend to get a DR (maybe FCL Leon) but I was just curious to see what else was out there leather jacket wise.

Leon Louis is a cool guy, does good work and the in the true artisanal sense.
So you’ll get a well made product.
As for the styles I can’t comment because everyone’s taste is different.

I like simple Leather Jackets with not too much seam and unnecessary details, but I guess as designers we make things that we ourselves might not wear but there is a customer who would.
Maybe regardless of designer it’s just good to stick to things that works for ones body type and personal taste....

Good to know Zam.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, I don't like those but I love avantgarde leather jackets. I wouldn't wear them just because I'm more into the soft linen and flowy stuff when it comes to avantgarde.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice Valstar pre-order at NMWA.

1611866439299.png

I was also able to try on UrbanComp's Naissance grizzly a couple of weeks ago and really like it. I tried this jacket on a few years ago, actually, and didn't think it suited me, but I think I may have taken the wrong size. I was wearing a bulky sweater on the day I met up with UrbanComp. I normally wear a size small and was surprised to find that I like this jacket in a large. Although maybe with a more normal knit, a medium would have been better.

136767128_432545014593746_5924059312253075946_n.jpg

The RRL version is up on eBay right now, but ... also $3,300

s-l1600-5.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice Valstar pre-order at NMWA.

View attachment 1544781

I was also able to try on UrbanComp's Naissance grizzly a couple of weeks ago and really like it. I tried this jacket on a few years ago, actually, and didn't think it suited me, but I think I may have taken the wrong size. I was wearing a bulky sweater on the day I met up with UrbanComp. I normally wear a size small and was surprised to find that I like this jacket in a large. Although maybe with a more normal knit, a medium would have been better.

View attachment 1544784

The RRL version is up on eBay right now, but ... also $3,300

View attachment 1544786

thats super nice

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I see RRL in person, I love the designs but it doesn’t feel like 3000 usd that they are trying to get. I do love the fit though, but not too huge into super repro at the cost of buying real vintage 2 or 3 times over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads