• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that suit a bit differently. Hamilton watch trademarked the name leaving Lewis Hamilton in a position to never be able to use his own name for anything commercial. I don't think Lewis was trying to get one over on Hamilton watches.

That’s not right. Hamilton watches had the trademark nearly 100 years before Lewis Hamilton was born. Lewis Hamilton tried to get the Hamilton trademark cancelled (because he’s insane?). The cancellation proceeding got thrown out because it had literally no basis.

The only thing the Hamilton watch trademark stops Lewis Hamilton from doing is selling watches that a consumer would mistake as being sold by Hamilton watches.

verver

Reaction score
I’m honestly surprised that so few people in this thread knew who Satchel Paige was. Before reading the last few pages I would have guessed 70%+ would know.
Agreed. Icon in baseball history and American history. But don’t expect the general stylefarmer crowd to care about baseball or its history

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a casual baseball fan, e.g. i know who guys like kirby pucket and vlad gurerro are, but definitely not satchel paige, which is why i'm curious

i dont watch games, but i watch like history of clips on youtube, in depth analysis vids etc

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a casual baseball fan, e.g. i know who guys like kirby pucket and vlad gurerro are, but definitely not satchel paige, which is why i'm curious

i dont watch games, but i watch like history of clips on youtube, in depth analysis vids etc

I think it would be different if you were naming players you knew from the 40s-50s and didn’t know Paige. Hopefully you have fun reading up on him if that’s something you’d enjoy. He was a pretty exceptional pitcher.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ken burns did that giant baseball documentary in the 90s, like 20 hours of history broken down by decade through the 20th century.

jayvee

Reaction score
I’m honestly surprised that so few people in this thread knew who Satchel Paige was. Before reading the last few pages I would have guessed 70%+ would know.
No one is into baseball outside of the states. World Series lol

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new leather goods company will be called Babe + Ruth.

for the candy bar, of course!

(I also can't believe most people don't know who Satchel Paige was -- even the most cursory baseball history mentions him -- and I'm about 99 % sure the company's name is a lame play on words. But no matter)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ice cream company named Wayne + Gretzko?

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No leather jackets so maybe not right for this thread, but better dressed than any team is today.

En1wGV_W8AM8Uff.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard of this company?

I was thinking of getting a shearling jacket and they came up. Most places I've looked at sell for $800+ for a shearling and they're coming in at half the price.

Lem87

Reaction score
Anybody heard of this company?

I was thinking of getting a shearling jacket and they came up. Most places I've looked at sell for $800+ for a shearling and they're coming in at half the price.
I have never been crazy about sherpa lined denim but I really like that the Denby is an actual shearling trucker look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads