1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I actually really like it, super heavyweight and its darkened up significantly, fits nice although the waist is slightly loose but that goes with most things due to my shoulder to waist ratio. I've been using it in the warmer months primarily as my moto jacket. below is the fit pic from last year when I first got it, excuse the old shitty room and wife beater

[​IMG]

2. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

I checked and the current 626's are still 26" in the back, other than that's it in the name haha there's no indication that they've been made to be any longer? but still prolly long for some people

3. gong

gong Senior member

excuse the feets, keep? patrik ervell aviator

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

is the collar removable?

5. gong

gong Senior member

6. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

7. Irman Hilmi

Irman Hilmi Member

Sorry my mistake. I think the newer 626s added a bi-fold back and removed the stars from the epaulets. (although I could swear I read somewhere that they adjusted the length of the 626 for the newer models, regardless of the '626' name.)

8. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

I own the black version of this from, I believe, the season prior. It's a great jacket. As far as fit goes, I'd say it's TTS. I wear either a medium or large in RRL and have to try on virtually every piece for fit. The medium fits me perfectly with room to breathe.

Unfortunately, as with most Ralph pieces, I can't say it's worth quite what they ask at retail. This did sell out rather quickly though, IIRC.

9. RG90

RG90 Member

Which leather jacket should i buy?

The first one has a little more regular fit while the other one is slim. The first one is nice but i dont like the fit on the sleeves,

1. Jofama Tyler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gabba Benton

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  10. milosh

milosh Senior member

Gonna go with neither

11. RG90

RG90 Member

why is that? motivation?

could u show me some stuff u like?

12. BD22

BD22 Senior member

Personally, I wouldn't buy either. I'm not a big fan of the texture of the leather on them.

Out of the two, though, the first fits you better. The nips at the shoulder seam on the second one aren't flattering.

Please don't wear acid denim with the jacket. Stick to the grayscale.

13. Louys

Louys Senior member

How about this, what's your budget?

14. RG90

RG90 Member

its around 300$.

Do u have any suggestions?

15. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

I'm no expert, but I really do think you will have a hard time finding any new decent leather jackets at that price. You could try your luck on ebay or by thrifting.

16. Louys

Louys Senior member

The general consensus around these parts is that you need to put down at least 1k to get a good leather. There are exceptions, but those are for the lucky, not the thrifty. As you can probably tell Styleforum is a place where people don't think twice about dropping serious dough on clothes. If that's what you want to do (and can afford to do) then hang around and lurk for a while before making a big purchase. However, if you just want a leather jacket within your budget SF won't be very helpful when comes to helping you choose between mall brands. Still, there's a lot you can learn just by reading up on threads like this one, like how a good jacket ought to fit, how to tell good leather from bad leather and that sort of thing. Most importantly it'll help you develop an eye for the kinds of things you like and the kinds of things you don't.

tl;dr lurk more, learn more.

Also, if you want most posters to take you seriously then capitalize the first letter in the first word of each of your sentences and do not abbreviate 'you' to 'u'.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  17. CXVII

CXVII Active Member

Fit wise which is better, to have a jacket that's a good length at the torso and sleeves but too tight to zip up or one that you can zip up but may hang an inch or two below the waist?

18. RG90

RG90 Member

delete double

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  19. RG90

RG90 Member

I understand. Well, the jackets above were on sale, the first one was 4000kr and thats about 500$, but after sale it was 200-300$. Im not looking for something really expensive but a good looking jacket with a nice fit and the jackets above almost meet my requirements. With that said, I would like to see some suggestions what you think are good leather jackets, regardless of the price.

20. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

What one thinks is a "good leather jacket" in terms of looks is just a question of taste. The best thing you can do is to read through this thread to see lots and lots of examples of what people here think are good jackets.