• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
man you really dress like a 4th world party boy. nothing goes better with rick owens than a striped h&m sweater. NOTHING.

Last edited:

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WRONG

CHINOS AND INDY BOOTS KUNK

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^well, that's true.

please excuse typos, i typed this while wearing ccp u sole boots and a j crew rugby

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahaha <3 kunky

I can never understand incongruent fashion, 'Rick Rowens ala Workwear' was probably the best, but that guy who wore the red CCP chef shirt was pretty good too

I want someone to wear Rick with MC, all #menswear and what not

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But seriously how hard is it to look @ the runway shots as a starting point??

Rick Leather / Black Viscose T / Black Overdyed Denim / Blacked Out Doc Martens

DONE

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That picture was from like two months after I joined SF and was essentially a fit check, and your ad hominem attack doesn't change the fact that your 5-zip looks like **** on you.

@razele: it's not that hard, but when you don't own the right stuff it's sort of like 'well how do i incorporate this one nice thing I just bought into my ****** wardrobe.' Although with regards to Namor's chinos + crazy RO shearling fit, I have no idea, since I'm pretty sure he owns a ton of stuff.

Last edited:

metall

Reaction score
God this thing is nice. Some fit pictures maybe?
izHBDZXWX9tI7.jpg

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Maybe don't buy an RO jacket if you have nothing to wear it with?

That's kinda disingenuous. You could say that about literally any piece of clothing; you have to start somewhere. I think at that point in time I had a nice pair of boots, a pair of blue jeans and some ****** mall-brand stuff. I'm only now, 6 months later, sorta getting to the point where I can build a complete outfit.

At any rate I sold the thing for ~ what I paid pretty easily so it was a lesson learned.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Maybe don't buy an RO jacket if you have nothing to wear it with?

AA/uniqlo black or white tee
cheap monday/uniqlo/AA tight black jeans worn slouchy
white sneakers or black boots (can be docs, cheap)

Sold everywhere and not for much, you don't need to buy a shitload of things to wear with a RO jacket so that is beside the point.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AA/uniqlo black or white tee
cheap monday/uniqlo/AA tight black jeans worn slouchy
white sneakers or black boots (can be docs, cheap)
Sold everywhere and not for much, you don't need to buy a shitload of things to wear with a RO jacket so that is beside the point.

I think people are mistaken in what Brad was saying. He wasn't saying you have to be Rick head to toe, he's just saying get basics LIKE what Fuuma suggested. Not striped MC sweaters and ****.....

Doesn't have to be 'ninja' branded, just 'ninja' colored.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. First of all that pic is 6 months old so I'm not sure why I'm talking about it, but more to the point it was posted in the context of 'hey does this fit me?' I never wore the thing out. And yeah I basically planned to wear it with jeans and a white tee, not full RO gear, though I think back then I hadn't figured out that raw denim looks like **** with black yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads