Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

What DILF wears Rick Owens???

Oh, Kunk.

3. Tsuji

Tsuji Senior member

It's tagged size L, hard to tell in the pic, but it's already really tight around the shoulders and arms for me...I don't think I could have sized down. As much as I like the super fitted Rick looks, I don't think it's totally for me...overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I like how minimal it is, I'm pretty "plain" with my style all around anyways...

I do want an intarsia now though...haha

thanks for all the feedback!

4. iroh

iroh Senior member

well if you really like the jacket then i won't feel bad for poasting this pic :D

[​IMG]

on a serious note, i would say sell/return the jacket if you can;t size down cause of the shoulders & arms, it just doesn't look right being so baggy everywhere else, that jacket costs too much to settle for a IMO mediocre fit.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

6. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

Tsuji - that looks like a similar cut as the Intarsia. If it's from last season, I can tell you from my experience that you should go tts. i know that the armpit is cut high so it may appears constricting around the top block. but the jacket looks best fitted. and looking at your picture, it seems the jacket is a tad long or big. i had this same problem when purchasing my intarsia from last season and decided to go tts. i'm pretty happy with my decision. :slayer:

good looking jacket btw. and if you're comfortable with what you have, it's most important!

7. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

fuck you guys. i'm with iroh on this one. that jacket looks terrible on tsuji. personally i would not be happy with a fit like that. to each his own though.

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

IMO that's way too loose.....like why buy a Rick to achieve that fit? This moto should be very fitted in my opinion like the Rick styled below. Actually, even more fitted and 'break it in' like a lot of people do.

That looser fit would look better with a different styled jacket. The moto is supposed to fit like a 'moto', nice and tight. You say that's a large......your chest isn't filling it out. and it being 'really tight' around your arms and shoulders.........not even close IMO. I wore SS08 Rick moto sz L with about a 42" chest.......

[​IMG]

9. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

lol at anyone who suggests you have to be "living the designer's vision" to buy their clothes.

edited because I don't want to bother having to respond to whomever might respond to what I wrote

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It doesn't really look like an RO fit, would have probably gotten a TOJ0 for a fit like that but I mean it looks fine and fits his aesthetic. Saying "here's a picture from a shop, it should fit like that because that's the 'right fit'" is dumb.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

I personally wasn't implying this. A motorcycle jacket is meant to be worn fitted. That is not Rick Owen's vision.

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Have we seen the jacket zipped up yet, or are you guys just guessing about how it fits

13. Tsuji

Tsuji Senior member

As Brad-T said, I know it's not the typical RO fit...that super fitted look just isn't really my cup of tea, but I do like it on those who can pull it off. Also, I didn't know that moto jackets are supposed to be super fitted...it's probably worth mentioning I wouldn't be able to zip up the jacket had I sized down one...

Thanks for all the feedback, digging the truthful opinions!

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It looks good man - enjoy it. You may even be able to wear something more than a t-shirt underneath ! (I know, crazy talk, right? ;) )

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the jacket looks too small on the model in the stock photo.