• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kvnknrd

Reaction score

Kvnkvrd the pic u posted is 626 or 613. Looks good.But I wish lapel could be bigger.

613 (current) It's from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfecto_motorcycle_jacket

@reedo— well for starters it's made by TOJ... peep da link. there are leather jackets, and then there is the schott perfecto.
the-wild-one.jpg

bruce-springsteen-11.jpg

like raw denim— upon first wear, you may think "IDK... maybe this is not my thing..." however, as you can see when sized correctly....

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And neither of those guys are a size 34 chest canadian...

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many double riders in the TOJ gallery, e.g:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

how DARE HE offer an alternative suggestion that is quite close to what he was looking for!!

Down gurl

And what actually qualifies a jacket to be a "perfecto" and why is the 2010 DR not considered a perfecto, Rambo?

The styling. And it was the way you phrased your response. If you would have put up a TOJ Perfecto clone, then I wouldn't have had an issue. If the motherfucker had said "give me something that looks similar, I don't care if its not a Perfecto" then I would have kept my fat trap shut. The fact is that those TOJ's, while similar, are not Perfecto clones. I honestly don't even know if somebody makes an exact Perfecto clone.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
perfectos have the belt and are of American origin. the 2010DR has the waist tabs and is an English creation, it's modeled after the Lewis Lightning

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

perfectos have the belt and are of American origin. the 2010DR has the waist tabs and is an English creation, it's modeled after the Lewis Lightning

Yes, I know. Thus my statement. Perfecto's also have the coin pocket and one zipper on the chest.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first leather jacket was a perfecto, but in brown. I think there´s a pic somewhere in this thread. Nicest jacket I´ve own.

And since I´m on the leather jackets´ thread, I would love to get this made, but it´s kinda complicated because it has armour plates with black nails on each corner of said plate.

Any idea where one could get something like this made? It would have to be online, since I´m from a faraway land.
Thanks.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

cool thanks, ill look into that!
I'm confident it isn't fake, may I ask why white leather doesn't need conditioner?

Well, it's possible that yours is real and they did make white in FW2005 for line 14, beige cotton lining, but I said that because it's the white one that is the Chinese-made fake that somehow shows up on yahoo, ebay, and some others with incredible regularity, and people ask about it all the time. It's like the jacket version of those navy Lanvin captoe highs that people on here buy off ebay for $300 every other month. Why that color? Why are they mildly convincing? nobody will know. They just exist, and often.

This is real:
http://rasslin.jugem.jp/?eid=705

this is fake (it usually has double interior pockets on the tag side)
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/156215013

Last edited:

Vengo

Reaction score

Well, it's possible that yours is real and they did make white in FW2005 for line 14, beige cotton lining, but I said that because it's the white one that is the Chinese-made fake that somehow shows up on yahoo, ebay, and some others with incredible regularity, and people ask about it all the time. It's like the jacket version of those navy Lanvin captoe highs that people on here buy off ebay for $300 every other month. Why that color? Why are they mildly convincing? nobody will know. They just exist, and often.
This is real:
http://rasslin.jugem.jp/?eid=705
this is fake (it usually has double interior pockets on the tag side)
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/156215013

yeah it has beige cotton lining and only one pocket tag side, i picked it up off yoox several years ago, and line 14

the colour of the jacket isn't white white, more of a beige white, but that may be due to aging

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads