• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was Sheeley trained by John Chapman or was that a different guy?

You’re thinking of ‘Diamond Dave’ who was a friend of John and had access to the same supplies.

The way I’ve heard it summed up is Shelley is to naval jackets what Chapman is to A-2s. Part of what has me wanting a Sheeley is wanting to get in before the queue gets massive lol.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diamond Dave? That’s David Lee Roth from Van Halen. Whoever is re-using that nickname needs to try again.

He was driven to retirement by all the ****-talking, so no concern there.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re thinking of ‘Diamond Dave’ who was a friend of John and had access to the same supplies.

The way I’ve heard it summed up is Shelley is to naval jackets what Chapman is to A-2s. Part of what has me wanting a Sheeley is wanting to get in before the queue gets massive lol.

I'm retiring from from the hype game.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With Chapman (Good Wear Leather) it's not so much that he's a hype/'limited edition' guy; it's just that as a one-man operation, he makes jackets at a much slower rate. That said, once your place in line comes up (after about a year) he has a consultation with you about what you want and you have the jacket soon.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He was driven to retirement by all the ****-talking, so no concern there.

DLR or the other diamond dave?

It’s been almost 40 years since DLR was socially relevant. That nickname is free game.

**** man, yea you are right but thats the only diamond dave i know of well care to know off. Dimebag was known as Diamond Darrell in the early days, that would of sucked if he stayed that during Pantera.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Chapman (Good Wear Leather) it's not so much that he's a hype/'limited edition' guy; it's just that as a one-man operation, he makes jackets at a much slower rate. That said, once your place in line comes up (after about a year) he has a consultation with you about what you want and you have the jacket soon.
Is his wait time only a year now? I remember not that long ago it was still in the 3-4 year range.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DLR or the other diamond dave?

**** man, yea you are right but thats the only diamond dave i know of well care to know off. Dimebag was known as Diamond Darrell in the early days, that would of sucked if he stayed that during Pantera.

Dimebag Darrell. ❤️

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

D-A-I

Reaction score
1st (or maybe 2nd?) edition Temple of Jawnz Double Rider, bought in 2009 as a graduation present to myself. Just turned 30 and still my favorite jacket.

Only problem is, it's getting a little worn out. The main zippers have fallen off, the back seam is starting to come out, and the lining is ripped through in the right armpit. Do y'all think a regular tailor could take care of it, or should I look for one specializing in leather? Maybe a cobbler would be more appropriate :p

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_124712.jpg
    IMG_20200714_124712.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20210829-174837.png
    Screenshot_20210829-174837.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 89

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1st (or maybe 2nd?) edition Temple of Jawnz Double Rider, bought in 2009 as a graduation present to myself. Just turned 30 and still my favorite jacket.

Only problem is, it's getting a little worn out. The main zippers have fallen off, the back seam is starting to come out, and the lining is ripped through in the right armpit. Do y'all think a regular tailor could take care of it, or should I look for one specializing in leather? Maybe a cobbler would be more appropriate :p

I think you may have outgrown the jacket, as it seems tight all around on you. However, if you really want to repair it, I've had good luck sending things to Advanced European Tailors in Berkeley, California. Zoltan, the owner of that shop, often buys vintage leather jackets, repairs them with original trims, and then sells them to collectors in Japan. He has the knowledge and equipment to work with leather. Although he mainly works with cowhide, I've sent lambskin leathers to him before.

Superior Leathers in NYC is another often-recommended shop. I don't have experience using their services, but they have a good reputation.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dimebag Darrell. ❤

So in late 80s Megadeth was looking for a lead guitarist and Dave decided to contact Dimebag. Dimebag was in but only if his brother Vinnie was hired too. Dave already had a good drummer and couldn't agree to that so he got Marty Friedman whom in his own right is a great guitarist. But i cant help but wonder how cool Megadeth would of been with the Abbot brothers.

IDK about the other guy but DLR is just not touring, especially since EVH passed away but he was touring with his own band outside of VH once in a while.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdp