• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea, Vass, WW Chan, and ToJ. Was cool to see someone mix CM and SWD brands into an outfit and also create something new in terms of aesthetics.

Pants have a cool break and pointy shoe thing going on that feels like it was ahead of the curve. That combo feels very "of the moment" right now.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, gonna take a break from leather jackets for a while. C ya.

B5JOJPWCMAEJbmB.jpeg

I'd buy that

EOB1UqPWsAMrR7d.jpeg

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it still be deductible though? ?

Yup, office art.

If you maintain a home office for which you claim a home office deduction or if you have a business for which you pay for an office, the cost of buying art for it could be a tax write-off. The IRS generally lets you write off all of your office expenses against your business' profits. You can claim the purchase of some artwork along with other office decorations, although it may need to be depreciated. However, if the artwork is "valuable and treasured," it's not depreciable.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman for how much of retail do you usually get for used garments you flip and how long does it typically take for you to realize that sale?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of the contempory-styled fits I've liked here in the past

View attachment 1656803

^ Conceptual4est in Tim Coppens

View attachment 1656804 View attachment 1656832

^ Ragechester in OAMC shearling and lambskin

View attachment 1656805 View attachment 1656840 View attachment 1656806

^ Synth in Cloak

View attachment 1656807 View attachment 1656817

^ GDL in Valstar and James Grose

View attachment 1656808

^ Eug92 in ToJ (there used to be a ton of good fit pics like this back in the day. Easy to replicate and worked on a lot of people).

View attachment 1656839 View attachment 1656841

Spacepope in M.A+ and a maker I can't remember (I assume M.A+)

View attachment 1656823 View attachment 1656821

^ Nicely and his wife in five-zips (his wife's jacket might not be made from leather; hard to tell from this photo. But I think she used to wear leather five-zips)

View attachment 1656822

^ Fuuma in a five-zip

View attachment 1656824 View attachment 1656825 View attachment 1656826

^ Parker in a five-zip and two different ToJs

The other poster I was thinking of is @el Bert. I really dig his outfits. But I can't seem to pull up a photo of him wearing anything in leather.

it’s quite sad that those fits are all a few years old. I left WAYWT thread long ago and every once in a while I peek what’s going on there and shocked and how boring or even messy things are. About 5 years ago there were pretty good fits and people tried, now it seems like people stop caring b

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s quite sad that those fits are all a few years old. I left WAYWT thread long ago and every once in a while I peek what’s going on there and shocked and how boring or even messy things are. About 5 years ago there were pretty good fits and people tried, now it seems like people stop caring b

There was a pandemic and we all realized we had been sold a lie when we were told to try.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, ultimately I'm for any expression that is life-affirming, and most if not all art is just that, but some of the hangups I see around aesthetics is off-putting, perhaps because it's trying draw a technical standard.

In truth, a lot of the most revered fits I see do not move me toward any higher regard for the form. They usually just strike me as awkward dudes with real (non-ideal) physiques wearing a bunch of geeky ****. They could be wearing manga and the effect would be the same. Which is to say, I view these fits to be life-affirming, and just that.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrCrlhm