• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lapel Flowers

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Do you know any online shops which ship to the EU or even better from the EU where you can find lapel flowers (made of silk etc.) ? Oh and I mean in various colors not just white ones because its not for a wedding and it looks kinda off if you wear a white on a casual event
facepalm.gif
blush.gif

At best smth. similar to the one below:

chuck-bass-cane.png

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
White, dark red or pink carnations at the A Suitable Wardrobe store.

Thank you! But isn't this store in SF? I was actually looking for smth which can be bought in Europe. Last time when I ordered from the US (J.Press) it took me ages to actually get my order. It was shipped to Germany from NYC in 4 days but it was in customs for nearly a month
drool.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NickPollica
Shoot Jonathan an email and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

http://jandhp.bigcartel.com/category/lapel-flowers

But those are distinctly unreal.

I have trouble understanding the craze for fake lapel flowers. Seems no different from sticking any other random knick-knack in your lapel hole. I suppose if forced to choose, I'd go with the realistic silk ones like what Will sells, but the idea would still bug me to no end. Real carnations are cheap enough and the relative inconvenience of getting them happily prevents you from wearing them too often.

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Shoot Jonathan an email and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

http://jandhp.bigcartel.com/category/lapel-flowers

Also, I have a couple of these and some felt Lardini ones I've never worn. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and we can work something out.

I looked at those and really like some of them but same problem.. US -> customs takes ages but if I cant find any I guess this is my first choice .. at least up to now

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
But those are distinctly unreal.

I have trouble understanding the craze for fake lapel flowers. Seems no different from sticking any other random knick-knack in your lapel hole. I suppose if forced to choose, I'd go with the realistic silk ones like what Will sells, but the idea would still bug me to no end. Real carnations are cheap enough and the relative inconvenience of getting them happily prevents you from wearing them too often.

I've never been a fan of silk flowers, for lapels or otherwise. For me its either the real thing or something (like those above) that's a personal interpretation of an idea - no offense to Will but to me a silk flower says you're simply too lazy to go to the market.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of silk flowers, for lapels or otherwise. For me its either the real thing or something (like those above) that's a personal interpretation of an idea - no offense to Will but to me a silk flower says you're simply too lazy to go to the market.

I understand your perspective, but the other faux flowers you linked to have the opposite problem of looking like mini-doilies. I'd avoid both options. Just drop by the damned florist in the morning.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
White, dark red or pink carnations at the A Suitable Wardrobe store.

I endorse these.

Otherwise, get a real flower. The beauty of the ASW ones is that you need a botanist to tell that they are fake. Also, they never die or wilt.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I endorse these.

Otherwise, get a real flower. The beauty of the ASW ones is that you need a botanist to tell that they are fake. Also, they never die or wilt.

If I wore one, I would know, Mike. I would know.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I understand your perspective, but the other faux flowers you linked to have the opposite problem of looking like mini-doilies. I'd avoid both options. Just drop by the damned florist in the morning.

Agreed - and I've actually never made it out of the house with the couple I own which I why I offered to sell them...just providing the options I know of.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
When I first moved to Manhattan many years ago, you could get a single carnation almost anywhere for $1. It's really hard to find any florist now who will sell you a single flower. Most of them insist that you buy a whole bunch. The few that will sell single flowers tend to sell only the really huge ones singly, whereas teacup carnations look a lot nicer IMO.

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Thank you for the help everyone ! .. I guess next time ... I'll also check the market (I'll maybe even buy a real one
wink.gif
) and I'll also continue looking for ones which have a decent quality

Reaction score
I buy a bunch of carnations a week for my 'wife'. Stick them in some water and use one a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads