• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About the new chinos... how is the inseam? I've only ever purchased one pair of pants from LEC (jeans on sale for like $12), and the inseam was at least 2" shorter than my Levis 514s of the same size.

Nazareth

Reaction score
Can anybody who's bought something online from LEC recently tell me what was included with the package? I want to return a shirt I bought a few weeks ago and I don't remember there being any sort of receipt or confirmation in the package, just the shirt. Would they still accept it?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anybody who's bought something online from LEC recently tell me what was included with the package? I want to return a shirt I bought a few weeks ago and I don't remember there being any sort of receipt or confirmation in the package, just the shirt. Would they still accept it?

There's a receipt that should have a return form on it. But you can use the email confirmation they sent you no problem. And if you don't have anything, just call them or do online chat, and they'll look up your order and email you the receipt. They are very good about this stuff and are very organized.

ASkin ANight

Reaction score
I'm tempted to try the new chinos, especially with the 40% coupon, but I know if I wait half a year to a year the price will get down to about $20

has there ever been any item on LEC that didn't wind up in the Sale section for like 70% off the original price?

OneBeLo

Reaction score
I'm tempted to try the new chinos, especially with the 40% coupon, but I know if I wait half a year to a year the price will get down to about $20

has there ever been any item on LEC that didn't wind up in the Sale section for like 70% off the original price?

Not that I've seen. One time that that a promotion where certain kinds of pants were $25 (and then the next day certain shirts were xyz price) but that was because most of the pants (chinos) were being phased out for the new chinos. Unless these chinos are gone next year, I wouldn't expect them to do much further down than what you can get 40% off.

I have a pair and they worth it for the deal going on right now. :) The rise is a little lower than I would like, but still good pants.

ASkin ANight

Reaction score
Not that I've seen. One time that that a promotion where certain kinds of pants were $25 (and then the next day certain shirts were xyz price) but that was because most of the pants (chinos) were being phased out for the new chinos. Unless these chinos are gone next year, I wouldn't expect them to do much further down than what you can get 40% off.

I have a pair and they worth it for the deal going on right now. :) The rise is a little lower than I would like, but still good pants.
You don't think they'll go for under $35 sometime in the next 12 months? I doubt they'll keep these same chinos for more than a year...I think they've updated their chinos every year they've been in business.

Maybe it'll take a little over a year, but eventually these will be able to be had at $20 or cheaper.

And I'm sure they are worth it at $35. I have two pairs of slim fits from last year that I paid $20 each for and they're great. I'd have happily paid $40+ for them. But when it comes down to it, I don't really need them. I have two pairs of indigo jeans, a pair of black jeans, 2 pairs of Dockers Alpha Khakis in gray and khaki, and the two pairs of LEC chinos in blue and olive. How many pairs of pants does a guy really need, you know?

private eyes

Reaction score
Everyone said the slim chino was skin tight and just terrible, but I ordered them anyway. They are slim, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I like them, but considering returning them for one size shorter. I love the shirt by the way. I wish they made it in an XS , but the small is nice. The quality of the fabric is great.

Howard Roark

Reaction score
I have to second the praise for the new chinos. They are a slim fit with a very tapered leg. I'm liking them so much I want to taper my other pants the same way.

OneBeLo

Reaction score
also, has anyone ordered this jacket? with the discount right now, its only about 15 dollars..

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-sportsman-quilted-jacket~232882_59.html

I tried it on in the store and I didn't like it. The arms are form fitting, but too "puffy" and it is far too stiff. It doesn't bend easily or flow I think. A nylon/cotton combination might have worked better. They have a great return policy and it's dirt cheap, so if I were you, I'd buy it and decide for yourself if it's something you like.

Howard Roark

Reaction score
I tried on the quilted jacket from this season and I agree about the stiffness. When you wear it unbuttoned the jacket sticks straight out.

jt2gt

Reaction score
Last edited:

lacunae123

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have thigh measurements on hand for a size 30 or 31 608 slim chino? I'm still on the fence about ordering a pair before the sale ends tonight.

Last edited:

private eyes

Reaction score
I got that oil cloth jacket and although the materials and quality are top notch, even the small is a little big on me. Haven't decided if I'm keeping it yet .

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny that LEC blatantly just jocks off J.Crew and now the women stuff looks sort of Anthro/Madewell-ish IMO. It was cool until they started to ask J. Crew prices...

I just checked out their e-catalog, without saying one is better than the other, what a total rip off of J. Crew's catalog. ( I know this brings nothing constructive to the conversation, just saying)

Heh. Totally agree. At full retail the quality is not anywhere close to on par with J. Crew. But, when things go on sale @LE/LEC and end up being a third or fourth of the J.Crew price, it's great!
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads