• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

dunelly

Reaction score
how slim is their shirts
i wear xs in jcrew
is there any chance a small will fit me? I have 17.5 shoulders so the jcrew is a bit small for me but the body fits.

I wouldn't mind tailoring the lands end if the shoulders and armholes are good.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how slim is their shirts
i wear xs in jcrew
is there any chance a small will fit me? I have 17.5 shoulders so the jcrew is a bit small for me but the body fits.

The fit of their shirts changes with each new arrival. They will give you measurements if you ask.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bunch of great items, but the huge price increase is stupid. $17 MIC socks, $60 braided belts, $150 Imported boat shoes,... We all know your going to end up selling it in 2014 for 90% off. Why not have a more reasonable price to begin with?
I don't mind paying full retail if I really want an item.
I would pay $30 for the belt, $30 for shorts, and $15 for the ringer tee today! In the end I will buy everything I want in April for much much less.

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this one more.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-...&CM_MERCH=IDX_men-_-new-arrivals&origin=index

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, that could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing is forever in retail; not even landsend's return policy.
Costco has turned it's back on it's open ended return policy. Every other major retailer has tightened up it's return policies also, due to constant, large scale fraud.
Landsend typically deals with lower cost items, as opposed to $2K to $4K TV's and the like, but there's nothing written in stone.

Probably the fault of the internet. They always used to have these policies but the anonymity of internet returns and the spread of forums and postings on forums where they say things like "just take your old ipod back to costco and they will replace it with the newest version". Most people wouldn't think they would honor it since it is obviously an abuse of the return policy but if a bunch of people on the internet tell you it works, you might try it. Same goes with stuff like returning 15 year old slippers to LL Bean because the soles have worn out....if you wore them every day for 15 years, that's not a warranty issue.

I was able to return something to Costco a couple weeks ago w/o a receipt. Many other retailers with lenient return policies like Kohl's are still doing it. Once you have a great return policy, altering it would be quite bad for the business unless it can compensate with something else. Customers dont quickly forget these things quickly.

Costco and Kohl's competitive advantage over many retailers is their return policy and it really has been part of their business & marketing plan

Its not about being able to return something without a receipt...it is about people abusing the return policies to get free upgrades on electronics.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how slim is their shirts
i wear xs in jcrew

FWIW the smalls I've had had 17" shoulders

akg101

Reaction score
Who is Lands' End trying to fool with those prices? Just ridiculous when knowing most of those button-ups are going to end up being $15 or less.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads