• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

chocoball

Reaction score
Happy New Year of the Rooster everyone. Remember, it's bad luck to buy shoes and books for the first two weeks of the lunar new year holiday. So count down to Feb 24 when the shoe/book ban is over..
smile.gif

marc37

Reaction score
Lucky you told me.
biggrin.gif
Thanks Chocoball and happy new year.

SmartDresser

Reaction score
Happy New Year... Smells like gunpowder around here (visiting in Hong Kong)

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year of the Rooster everyone. Remember, it's bad luck to buy shoes and books for the first two weeks of the lunar new year holiday. So count down to Feb 24 when the shoe/book ban is over.. Â
smile.gif
doh. any chance they'll reschedule the Barneys warehouse sale?

linux_pro

Reaction score
No books or shoes? I'm screwed. I just bought a pair of Martegani's from Rider (Franco's), and last night I bought 5 books. Oh man... I wish I had known about this earlier.

chocoball

Reaction score
Well, you made your post on Feb 9, which is New Year's Day.....so that means you made your purchases a day before the holiday started.....YOU'RE FINE... Enjoy the shoes, your books and have a happy new year.

tricket

Reaction score
hehe......don't generate that response next time I see you and ask for the red packet....

chocoball

Reaction score
Tricket, kung hei fat choi. I'll call you when I'm back in HK for a "tun leen" dinner.

tricket

Reaction score
Nope, Year of the Monkey has gone. We need to do a "Hoi Leen" meal for the Rooster Year with a lot of oysters and shreded seaweed....and a "Hoi Tzai" meal with a lot of northern mushrooms and albalone....

WJTW

Reaction score
Hmm... I didn't know there was a, erm, ban on buying shoes and books for Lunar New Year. Thank goodness I did not buy shoes or books these few days...
smile.gif
WJTW

Baby Pink

Reaction score
Hey Jo Lo, you're so superstitious man hah hah. Would you like to hazard a guess who I am ?????....happy new year man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads