• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Koji Suzuki

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For bespoke shoes, I was more risk adverse and sent it back for adjustment. In retrospect, the adjustment went a little bit too far the other way and I wonder if I should tried loosening it myself. Such is life.

slightly ot:

i hope they wear wearable or could be fixed again. pity if not. fingers crossed.

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For bespoke shoes, I was more risk adverse and sent it back for adjustment. In retrospect, the adjustment went a little bit too far the other way and I wonder if I should tried loosening it myself. Such is life.

slightly ot:

i hope they wear wearable or could be fixed again. pity if not. fingers crossed.

I just have to wear a thicker sock.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Koji make any design and last shape customer want,
or is Koji traditional maker in all way?
How Koji make last,
can you give good detail?
Who taugt Koji to be master shoe maker?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm actually serious.. so customization can take up to a year?

Its as much to do about backlog of orders than man hours to do the work.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Here are some more pics:

[ATTACHMENT=1652]DSCN3444.JPG (666k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1651]DSCN3443.JPG (667k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1653]DSCN3442.JPG (729k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1654]DSCN3441.JPG (654k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Christmas presents for Chikor!

I've been told that only the big French houses (Lobb, Berluti) can get the really nice leather.
What say you with your experiences?
- M

If I recall correctly from my fitting Delos told me that his leather is the same as Weston (and they now own du Puy). He may have been referring to the color, however..

As you know Lobb's leather is very nice and they also have a lot more variety on hand... When I was at Mogador they took me to the stock room and there was so much to choose.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can Koji make any design and last shape customer want,
or is Koji traditional maker in all way?
How Koji make last,
can you give good detail?
Who taugt Koji to be master shoe maker?

Suzuki did a stint at Ugolini. Also, I think his father owns a shoe factory or something.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I recall correctly from my fitting Delos told me that his leather is the same as Weston (and they now own du Puy).

As you know Lobb's leather is very nice and they also have a lot more variety on hand... When I was at Mogador they took me to the stock room and there was so much to choose.

One reason I ask is lately I have noticed that part of the pleasure in using and wearing leather goods is my appreciating the "niceness" of the leather (smoothness, softness, pliability, sturdiness, how it takes on polish, etc.).

I have a well-worn Hermès card case that I notice the leather every time I use it. Same for JLP shoes or Roche Bobois furniture.

Save for an English lambskin jacket, all the other leather goods (American, Italian) I do not take note of the leather's "niceness".

- M

Last edited:

Kemper

Reaction score

Great Question SoS. I would say that they both fit excellent. In fact, I have never experienced any shoe maker who has made me a better fitting shoe than Koji or Anthony. By far, both of these gentlemen are perfectionists, which is demonstrated, for example, in the fit of their respective product.
Anthony spent a year, I believe, in Germany attending an orthopaedic shoe making school. One thing that he incorporated in the shoes that he made for me was an orthopaedic insole. This insole is padded and form fit to the bottom of my feet. It is very comfortable and also has pragmatic results.

TC

Very interesting. I have one pair from Anthony Delos and one from Foster : clearly not the same league in terms of fitting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads