• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kiton, scabal, RLPL and belvest---which one?

rogerlaisiuwa

Reaction score
hi, so i met a scabal sartoriale suit, a super 200's belvest suit and a kiton suit today.
i found the retail price of a scabal sartoriale and that of a RLPL so much alike. how do you compare their qualities?

this scabal i met has a huge discount--from US$5500 down to $550; the kiton down from 8300 to 1200; belvest 200's down from 6900 to 1065.
which one do you think is the best buy?

plus, how do you compare kiton, belvest, scabal sartoriale and RLPL?
i found the price of the scabal sartoriale very attractive when it sits next to a kiton.
is buying scabal sartoriale more worthwhile than buying a kiton?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are going by the name factor, I would go

Kiton,
RLPL,
Belvest,
then Scabal.

Make sure people can actually see the tag/designer names though. Best way to do that is to take off jacket frequently and exagerate the motions so that the brand tag can be seen.

I probably would not even consider Scabal because nobody has heard of the brand for suits.

Do you have any accessories by Loro Piana or Brunello Cucinelli? Because those are also high-recognition brands too.

randob300

Reaction score
Did you even try them on? They're all cut differently and will fit differently; maybe good, maybe bad.

An expensive suit that doesn't fit looks like ****, no matter how well constructed.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randob300
Did you even try them on? They're all cut differently and will fit differently; maybe good, maybe bad.

An expensive suit that doesn't fit looks like ****, no matter how well constructed.

so sayth the poor people who can't afford it.
rolleyes.gif

rogerlaisiuwa

Reaction score
well, the belvest obviously make me look taller which i like, but the cutting was the worst with excess fabric.
and kiton? if i buy it, it will only be the brand effect.
so it really is a hard choice.

by the way, does anyone know what is the difference between a scabal sartorial and a regular scabal? i mean, there must be some reasons for scabal sartoriale being pricier than a regular belvest and a RLPL.

plus does anyone know what the spinning is for a scabal sartoriale at about $5500?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

Make sure people can actually see the tag/designer names though. Best way to do that is to take off jacket frequently and exagerate the motions so that the brand tag can be seen.

i think this effect is more easily achieved by simply leaving the tag on the sleeve

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rogerlaisiuwa
hi, so i met a scabal sartoriale suit, a super 200's belvest suit and a kiton suit today.
i found the retail price of a scabal sartoriale and that of a RLPL so much alike. how do you compare their qualities?

this scabal i met has a huge discount--from US$5500 down to $550; the kiton down from 8300 to 1200; belvest 200's down from 6900 to 1065.
which one do you think is the best buy?

plus, how do you compare kiton, belvest, scabal sartoriale and RLPL?
i found the price of the scabal sartoriale very attractive when it sits next to a kiton.
is buying scabal sartoriale more worthwhile than buying a kiton?

always buy rlpl. it is teh sechs. i wear mine with the purple hang tag still on so they know i am teh sechs.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Super 200's? You realize that will fall apart within days?

I happen to really like Belvest. Extremely well-made.
Styles really vary because they produce for many
high-end labels. But Super 200s are very delicate
and will probably wrinkle a great deal.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Scabal does not make a suit worth the price they are asking. I've asked this question on this fora in the past.

Kiton has the best fabrics I've felt/molested anywhere. Depending on the model for Belvest, it can be hit or miss on you.

RLPL never tried it but peole onthis fora love it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads