• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang logo

Which logo do you prefer?

• Current

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • Proposed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mariooo

Reaction score

I'm a big fan of his rhino but several problems: it's not colored, and there's not a good way to present it as a pocket square. You can't just plop a piece of art in the middle of a square and call it done. It needs to fill the entire frame in an artful way. Same problem with "Wing of a Blue Roller".

Not really feeling the Agnes Martin painting. The layout is very appropriate for a square though.

Perhaps Dürer's vividly coloured Rosenkranzfest could make for an awesome PS....

but it isn't square, and cropping it would result in loosing the trees and destroying the symmetries and lines...
maybe it could be nicely square framed

Last edited:

Mariooo

Reaction score

I think I'm going to go with this. Does anyone else have opinions on it?

I like it. I'd say this is #1, and your updated Futura logo is #2.
And +1on your preference for light weight for your logo

Last edited:

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The main benefit is that it allows any secondary text underneath to be in a lighter weight, so that the contrasts complement each other and create a distinct hierarchy. If you have a light weight for the primary label name, all the other things have to be light as well, or else it's likely they'll de-emphasize the brand in a bad way. Stuff like "London" or "Made in This Country" or any other text that will appear near the logo either on the merchandise, printed paperwork or website will have to be taken into account when designing the brand graphic.

Fair enough- but I prefer contrasting fonts ala serif & non for this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads