• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keloids

raggedsweater

Reaction score
Well, this is a bummer. I'm getting a keloid at my right sideburn.

If you don't know what a keloid is, stop here and be thankful. They are benign tumors, but of the non-cancerous type. They appear as raised scars that result from some type of trauma to the skin. The body over responds to the injury and grows beyond the borders of the original wound. They can be painful and/or itchy.

I first developed keloids as a teenager and I have them on my chest and back. I've had treatment made to them (steroid injections) at times. They did not respond to treatment and continued to grow slowly over time. About 18 months ago, I thought I'd try again and they started to respond and flatten. The dermatologist and I decided to take a break after several months treatment to see how they do - if they will recur or not, etc. The originals ones remain flat, but can still benefit from additional treatment.

I made an appointment in March but I had work conflicts and couldn't schedule something until June. Also in March, I developed this small bump next to my ear and I knew what was forming. It's typically slow, so I thought I had time. Two weeks ago, the bump went on overdrive and started developing within 36 hours into an aggressive keloid.

I had it injected last week and it's calming a bit and starting to level off. It's on the face, so the concentration of drug is conservative. I'm confident this will resolve.

Anyway... thought I'd share.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads