• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KC Chiefs have drafted 10 quarterbacks in the last 25 years, None of whom have won a game for KC.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earl Morrall won w/Colts and backed up Griese for Dolphins. Started more games than Griese in undefeated season.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While I agree that the Chiefs are one of the more futile franchises in the NFL, and I don't think they are particularly great at talent evaluation, I am sure that there are many other teams with a bunch of QB draft picks throughout their history that never panned out...

I mean, it doesn't say where each one of these guys were drafted, and I won't do the research, but some of these guys are 5-7th rounders where the odds of drafting a starting QB are a crapshoot at best

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I agree that the Chiefs are one of the more futile franchises in the NFL, and I don't think they are particularly great at talent evaluation, I am sure that there are many other teams with a bunch of QB draft picks throughout their history that never panned out...
I mean, it doesn't say where each one of these guys were drafted, and I won't do the research, but some of these guys are 5-7th rounders where the odds of drafting a starting QB are a crapshoot at best

The Raiders come to mind. They've had some bad ones and good ones and they still suck... IMO, worse than the Chiefs.

eqpablon

Reaction score

This ^^

The Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first round for at least the last 30 years (perhaps never, i stopped checking once I got to 1982). Instead of drafting QB's high in the draft we tend to get vetran QB's from other teams. A prime example is when we picked up Joe Montana in the final years of his career. Oddly enough the last time the Chiefs went to the AFC Championship game was with Joe Montana. Anyone remember in the 1990's when we had Steve DeBerg? We had that guy as QB for 4 years before he retired, and I think the old codger retired at age 45.

I have zero faith in Scott Pioli (if he is still the GM come draft time) to properly evaluate talent and wisely use that first round draft pick. Full disclosure: I am a Chiefs fan.

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
This draft class is way to weak at the QB position, honestly I wouldn't consider one until the later part of the first round, if they don't want to trade the #1 pick for a ton of mid level picks, not sure how many teams are that desperate this year being the weakness of the draft as a whole than I say they go with defense, can't really go wrong with that big motherfucker from Utah, if they wanted to go offense I say draft a QB in the second or third round and maybe draft some protection with the 1st pick, in particular that big ass dude from Texas A&M.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I suspect the Chiefs will look at free agent QBs of their next choice's choosing (Alex Smith?) and try to trade down from #1, although I doubt anybody wants the pick. It's a horrible year to have a #1. The Chiefs are cursed.

eqpablon

Reaction score

This draft class is way to weak at the QB position, honestly I wouldn't consider one until the later part of the first round, if they don't want to trade the #1 pick for a ton of mid level picks, not sure how many teams are that desperate this year being the weakness of the draft as a whole than I say they go with defense, can't really go wrong with that big motherfucker from Utah, if they wanted to go offense I say draft a QB in the second or third round and maybe draft some protection with the 1st pick, in particular that big ass dude from Texas A&M.

Exactly, this is why everyone and there brothers will be trying to trade for Kirk Cousins since he is better than any of the QB's that may go in the first round . You could even argue that the Chiefs should try to trade for Cousins; however since Pioli is still GM it won't happen. Pioli passed on Kirk Cousins 4 times before the Redskins finally picked him up. My mind was literally blown as I kept tabs on the draft last year.

Pioli making a trade for Cousins would basically be an admittance of his incompetence. We could have picked him last year in rounds 1-4, and this year we will literally have to trade the coveted number 1 pick if we want the best available young QB.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FLMM - great article and graphic, thanks for sharing that.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
With Reid now more than likely headed to KC, this may be a sign that Geno Smith *gulp* could be the first pick of the draft. Andy Reid loves him some mobile QB's. Also, supposedly Reid is demanding Hackert (former Browns GM) as a packaged deal which means Pioli's days could be numbered in KC.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly, this is why everyone and there brothers will be trying to trade for Kirk Cousins since he is better than any of the QB's that may go in the first round . You could even argue that the Chiefs should try to trade for Cousins; however since Pioli is still GM it won't happen. Pioli passed on Kirk Cousins 4 times before the Redskins finally picked him up. My mind was literally blown as I kept tabs on the draft last year.
Pioli making a trade for Cousins would basically be an admittance of his incompetence. We could have picked him last year in rounds 1-4, and this year we will literally have to trade the coveted number 1 pick if we want the best available young QB.

I love Cousins, but I don't think that one good game against the Cleveland Browns is enough for teams to offer the Redskins what they would need to part with him. I see him sticking around until the end of his rookie contract, filling in for RG3 when he is injured and (hopefully) when the Redskins are locked into a specific playoff spot.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
I don't see Shanahan parting with Cousins under any circumstances for at least another season or two, not when RG3 is as mobile and risky as he is. The Skins would be stupid to let a good solid young backup go.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't see Shanahan parting with Cousins under any circumstances for at least another season or two, not when RG3 is as mobile and risky as he is. The Skins would be stupid to let a good solid young backup go.

It would take a crazy offer like Larry Fitzgerald straight up for Cousins. Even then, I don't think it would be a good idea. The Redskins would be one sack away from Rex Grossman throwing to Fitz (or more accurately, to the defender covering Fitz).

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Chiefs new GM is the director of football operations for the Packers. Dorsey is his name. Chiefs fans are really excited for the first time since the last time they hired a GM.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chiefs new GM is the director of football operations for the Packers. Dorsey is his name. Chiefs fans are really excited for the first time since the last time they hired a GM.

They got rid of Pioli? If they did, the Chiefs actually have a chance of being decent. Giving that huge extension to Matt Cassell was a big wtf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads