• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

zeinharis

Reaction score
is that horween chromepak?

Yes mate that is the burgundy chromepak leather. It is more like CXL color 8.

Here is the boots under the sunlight, no filter on.

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

Last edited:

zeinharis

Reaction score
Those are beautiful @zeinharis I guess Junkard is getting access to a lot of the nice Horween leathers now.

Thanks Matt. I'm hoping the same mate, at least getting the same specs as the big boys.

Very nice, @zeinharis . I actually just ordered some boots in Burgundy Chromepak after seeing some pictures on IG (which were probably yours).

There are two size ready stock of burgundy Chromepak boots which I took one the size US8D. It is comfy, the build is great, and I don't see any loose grain on it. Overall I'm very pleased with the boots.

Shalomp

Reaction score

zeinharis

Reaction score
Zeinharis,

Do u have experience with horween cxl? I've always been interested in horween chromepak and wondered how oily it feels compared to cxl? care to comment on that and other differences please?

No I don't have experience with Horween CXL, due to most of my collections is from Redwing.

I've spoken to Horween about the Chromepak leather, and this is their answer :

And I quote : "
Chromepak: This is a full Chrome leather and hot stuffed. The leather is full grain and can be used smooth or with a print, which is very popular (boxboard, scotch, etc). Due to the hot stuffing process, the leather exhibits a strong pull up. Best uses are for boots and handsewns (Timberland, Dexter, Sperry).
Chromexcel: Chrome tanned with a heavy retannage. Hot stuffed to achieve the pull up. The grain is slightly corrected."

I also ask them does it have the same characteristics as the CXL, but haven't got the reply mate.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
@Matthew Cruz how does their triumph boot fit compared to your other pairs? I tried their SC plaintoe and it was far too pointy for my feet. The Triumph boot looks much more rounded.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
@Matthew Cruz how does their triumph boot fit compared to your other pairs? I tried their SC plaintoe and it was far too pointy for my feet. The Triumph boot looks much more rounded.

These have an E width fit. I had the SC in both 10 and 11, and both are not as wide at the front as these triumph boots. The width on these is much closer to how I feel in my 10.5 Trumans, and 10 Vibergs. The first few days were snug, but now there is no difference in the fit between these and my Trumans. The Vibergs still have a slight bit more room in the toe box than these. Overall I'm very happy with the fit on these, the roomier toe box really makes them a perfect fit for me. I wore these with Chup socks the other day and had no issues with hot spots or discomfort. Once the chromexcel breaks in the fit 100%. I will go take few side-by-side shots with my other boots to give you a better idea, and post in a few.

Jmccle2

Reaction score

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Thanks that's actually very helpful! It sounds like these will be right up my alley. I'm also a 10.5 in Truman. You went with the 44 EUR?

I asked for a size 10 US and just checked the box which says 43. Honestly, I think the break-in would have been better in a 44. It's only a difference of 10mm between sizes so the 44 probably would have made it so I wouldn't have had those hot spots on my pinky toes for the first 3 days. I depends on your preference though, if you plan on wearing Chups or any kind of thicker socks in the winter 44 would be a safer bet.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
I asked for a size 10 US and just checked the box which says 43. Honestly, I think the break-in would have been better in a 44. It's only a difference of 10mm between sizes so the 44 probably would have made it so I wouldn't have had those hot spots on my pinky toes for the first 3 days. I depends on your preference though, if you plan on wearing Chups or any kind of thicker socks in the winter 44 would be a safer bet.
Okay I really appreciate the insight! Think I'm going to snag a pair now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads